So how do we make sure our posts gets to the top of every news feed? The number of likes and comments a post achieves is one of them. It creates a positive feedback look. The more people engage in our posts, the greater it will appear in the Explore tab.
Make sure to remember the following:
- Make sure the account is public
- Enable push notifications
- Curate excellent content
- Develop an Instagram editorial calendar
What are the clever ways to get more Instagram comments?
- Host a giveaway contest
- Simply put, it’s a fun way to get people to comment and talk about your brand.
- They can leave a comment or incorporate user generated comment wherein they can tag/use a hashtag.
- Host an Instagram takeover
- It’s a fun way to get fresh content on your Instagram and to work with colleagues or influencers.
- Ask users to engage in the comments
- Caption posts with Agree or Disagree / What’s your advice?
- Ask for it.
- Post something funny, surprising, or provocative.
- In a study of what makes content go viral, research revealed some of the most viral internet moments also provoked high-arousal emotions.
- Is there content you could post about a surprising fact, a happy moment, or an intriguing industry trend?
- Post videos.
- Make sure it’s intriguing.
- Create short videos for Instagram that tease longer videos on other platforms — like Facebook or YouTube
- Use relevant hashtags.
- Influencers and interested users might organically comment when they see you talking about topics they’re also interested in, or you could combine some of the strategies above to generate engagement.
- Ask followers how they celebrated #SundayFunday, acknowledge a #ThrowbackThursday
- Publish at the right time of day.
- Test out your engagement rates on Instagram when you post at different times throughout the week, and determine your publishing schedule based on the results.
- Post photos of people’s faces.
- People like to see the human side of your brand so posting selfies, group shots, and candid shots work well on Instagram.
- Post photos of animals.
- Try posting lighter, fun content on Instagram accompanied by a furry friend to see if your audience likes commenting on animals, too.