Why is DKIM (Domain Keys Identified Mail) Important?
You can help prevent email fraud, improve your email deliverability, and help ensure continued delivery at receiving mailboxes.
When a receiving mail server get your email it asks, “Is this email from who it says it’s from? How do I verify that? What do I do if the email is not successfully authenticated?”
DKIM affords the greatest assurance that the sender is who they say they are and gives email providers a way to track and hold senders accountable for the messages they’re sending. As a result, deliverability of these messages is greater and inbox placement is improved.
How to Authenticate Your Infusionsoft Default Email Address.
1. Go to Marketing > Settings > Email Authentication
2. Click the Add a Domain button
3. Choose a domain from dropdown
4. Copy values from step 2 and step 3 as shown below:
Go to your domain registrar – in our case it is GoDaddy
1. Log in to your GoDaddy account.
2. On your product list click Domains and click the one you want to modify
3. Switch to DNS Zone tab
4. Click Create Record
5. Choose CNAME from dropdown
6. Paste the values from Infusionsoft you’ve copied in Step 1
7. Click Finish
8. Click ‘Save Changes’
Return to Infusionsoft window and click ‘Verify’