Training with Yuri at 3pm via Skype – No meeting today.
Personal Image Blueprint – Log in Personal Image Blueprint and go through the lessons one by one (1-2 lessons/day as per Yuri’s instructions) and add what I’ve learned in the Andrea – Curation Sheet (Personal Image Blueprint tab).
|Lesson 5 – The Power Of Color||Understanding Your Colors:
Complexion and Contrast
Traditional Men’s Colors
Patterns and Textures
|Lesson 6 – Pattern Matching Made Simple||The golden rule of matching is always this: No matter how many patterns you wear, no two patterns should be the same general size and scale. your outfit can include many patterns or none at all. The best outfits will involve a mix of solid colors, patterns, and visible texture that all help guide people’s eyes to you — and keep them there. A simple outer layer (suit or jacket/trousers) with a plain or lightly-patterned shirt and bright, boldly-patterned accent is irreproachable style.|
Personal Image Formula – Log in at Personal Image Formula and go through the lessons one by one and add what I’ve learned in the Andrea – Curation Sheet (Personal Image Blueprint tab).
|Equation 4 – Style Law of Interchangeability||There are two very different ways to build a wardrobe:
1. By focusing on individual pieces.
Though focusing on individual pieces helps you create great looks and outfits, these pieces of clothing can only go with very selected other pieces of clothing. Most likely, these are not versatile and interchangeable as you’d hope they’d be. Pay more attention to the interchangeability of a garment. Hence, before buying something new, consider how many outfit combinations you can come up with it.
4T x 4S x 4J x 4Sh = 256C
|Equation 5 – Style Theory of Constraints||Two limiting factors when building a wardrobe: 1. Time 2. Money Style Law Constrains and how to handle them if:
Quadrant 1: You have plenty of time but not enough money. You can resolve this by going to thrift stores, buying second-hand, slightly-used clothing online, wait for sales.
Quadrant 2: Plenty of money, plenty of time. This is the easiest scenario since having all the time and unlimited budget on building a wardrobe is the most ideal situation. However, the real challenge for this is knowing when to buy or not to buy a certain item. Be sure that when you make a purchase, it’s what you really need and that you’ve completed the 21 Item Essential Wardrobe list first.
Quadrant 3: Not much time, not much money. Here are two things you can do if you fall under this category: -Set aside a monthly clothing budget. -Set aside time each month dedicated to building your wardrobe
Quadrant 4: Not much time, plenty of money. You can manage this by:
|Equation 6 – 80/20 Principle of Style||Focus on the 20% that will get you 80% improvement no matter what the constraints or resources you encounter. For example, if you don’t own a suit and you need one that fits you well, focus on finding one instead of buying another pair of jeans or shoes.|
|Equation 7 – Style Law of Inertia||Dressing well and building a timeless wardrobe is a continuous process with you and your style knowledge upgrading and evolving at the same time.
The 5 Points of Style Law of Inertia:
Point #1: Beginner This is when you’re in a stage of realizing that your current style needs transformation and/or improvement. You do this by starting with the basics and putting in more time and effort to learn it.
Point #2: LC (Lance Corporal) This is when you’ve already started improving your style but see little benefit from it. You feel stuck and feel like your efforts are just going to waste. In order to overcome this, there are some key issues that you might need to look into and resolve in order to get past this (we cover these points in the next two sections).
Point #3: Apprentice This usually involves you being one step closer to style success but you’re not exactly there yet because of some stuff holding you back such as your insecurities, inhibitions, lack of confidence, personal issues. The solution to this is letting go. Once you do, then you’re on to Point #4.
Point #4: Journeyman A journeyman is learned and has a very good grasp of how great style should look. His knowledge is richer compared to the average man and would welcome more advanced material, moving forward.
Point #5: Style Expert This is when already know the ins and outs of style. You know what bests suits you and other men. If this is where you’re at, you don’t need to be taught. Instead you have to be a teacher. You need to pass on your knowledge.
Watch RMRS Youtube videos – Add in the curation sheet 5-10 videos (as per Yuri’s instruction) (starting with newest-oldest videos) that I watched today and write a brief summary what each is about.
|Video Title||Video URL||Brief Summary|
|5 Easy Outfit Matching Rules | How To Match Colors, Textures, & Patterns||https://youtu.be/XyiR1MEb3vs||Matching Rules:
Rule #1: Your clothes don’t have to match as long as they complement each other.
Rule #2: Match your leathers – Make sure that their colors match or complement one another. Black shoes go with black belts, brown shoes go with brown belts. Gray shoes/belts go with any color.
Rule #3: Match your metals.
Rule #4: Match the formality – In general, keep the formal clothing with formal clothing and the casual clothing with other casual clothing.
Rule #5: If you haven’t yet, go find somebody to look up to; like a celebrity whose features and style you resonate with since most likely, these celebrities have been dressed by a stylist or a costume department.How to piece it together:
When you’re still starting to build your wardrobe, keep the more expensive, base foundation pieces like your jackets, trousers, shoes — simple. Go with the base colors you can never go wrong with.
|10 Items Worth Spending $1000 On | Men’s Fashion & Lifestyle Pieces Worth $1K||https://youtu.be/WRrNvTMIYIA||1. A well-fitted suit
2. A mattress you love
3. The right bag – The right briefcase, the right piece of luggage, the one that you’re going to use again and again and is going to stand up to a beating and is going to also look better while in use.
4. A gym membership and personal trainer
6. High-quality jacket or coat
7. A service professional
8. Upgrading electronics every 2 years
9. Taking care of your teeth
10. Cookware and learning how to cook
|Thor’s Haircut Signals Weakness? | Power & Symbolism of Hair||https://youtu.be/Eus8LJcvo2w||Thor’s hair and the sybolism behind it:
– Long hair is associated with strength
|5 SOLID Reasons To Invest In Quality Shoes | Why Are Dress Shoes So Important To Men’s Style?||https://youtu.be/R0jE6AVGx9o||1. Shoes indicate status and wealth.
2. Women notice shoes.
3. Shoes are an end point – This means it’s a point where other people’s eyes get fixated on especially when you meet somebody for the first time and you shake their hand, have eye contact with them and then you quickly measure them up — you stop at the shoes longer because it’s an end point than any other part of the clothing.
4. Shoes show your attention to detail.
5. Shoes tell a lot about you.
|My EDC | What’s In Your Every Day Carry? | Essential Carrying Items For Men||https://youtu.be/2NANxDtX69w||Antonio shows his everyday-carry:
– $200 – $500 In Cash – Because cash is king. Just make sure they’re clean and crisp bills especially when you’re traveling abroad.
|Hold Your Phone Like A Bad-Ass | 7 Tips To Better Hold iPhone Android or Galaxy||https://youtu.be/eYUZYP34-Hs||1. Put it in your pocket – Turn it off. Put it away when you’re driving or walking or when you’re out with your friends. Make eye contact, engage with other people. Only check it when you need to.
2. Use strong poses instead of weak ones.
3. Bring your phone to your face.
4. Lie down on your back.
5. Hold the phone farther from your face.
6. Buy the right size phone.
7. Use your right hand and right ear.
|7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook | Negative Effects Of Social Media||https://youtu.be/iAV1DaLtw2c||1. Disable Notifications – This also applies to everything on your phone. Put them on silent.
2. Maximize Your Privacy Settings – Do this in order to avoid getting tagged on posts or photos or get added by some random stranger.
3. Unfriend Useless Friends – You’ve got some true friends on Facebook and then you’ve got some people on your friends’ list that you don’t even know how they got there. Delete them.
4. Get Rid Of Useless Information
5. Change Your Password Frequently
6. Delete The App From Your Phone – Doing this will get rid of the temptation to check your account.
7. Outsource Your Page Management – This applies to businesses or people intending to build themselves up as a personality and they are using social media to grow groups and pages for their particular social media presence. If you are any of the mentioned, you can outsource people to manage your Facebook page.
8. Quit Facebook – You can do it here https://www.facebook.com/help/delete_account
|10 First Impression Mistakes | How Not To RUIN People’s Initial Opinion Of You||https://youtu.be/qPIlRV_R1Zo||1. A Weak Handshake
2. No Eye Contact – This is common among college students coming to the US from other countries. This could be caused by how their culture deals with eye-to-eye contact. This could be due to their culture’s way of showing respect to one another. But generally, remember the 50-70 rule when it comes to eye contact. 50% of the time is for when you look at the person you’re speaking with in the eye and 70% of the time is when you’re having eye contact with him/her while you listen to him/her speak. This is to show that you’re paying attention.
3. Showing Excessive Sweat – Though this is something you may have been born with, you can still have it under control by just simply having a rag or handkerchief available within arm’s reach.
4. Overpowering Odor – This is when you’re overusing perfume or body sprays. One spray is enough.
5. Not Listening – This is when you don’t bother to pay attention to the conversation and all you want to do is get in your 2 cents. Be a good listener. Ask questions.
6. Not Having Anything To Say – This is not having anything prepared to talk about.
7. Not Having A Sense Of Humor – Humor is a good thing – it shows intelligence especially when used in the form of ‘high humor’. High humor is when you use sarcasm or double-meaning jokes. Avoid slapstick or crude humor.
8. Weak Body Language – Always be confident. Never try to make yourself small. Never try to hide yourself.
9. Not Knowing Your Bad Habits – This is when you’re not aware of your bad habits such as picking your nose in front of people or when you frequently use crutch words. Become more aware of these things by trying to videotape yourself.
10. Forgetting Someone’s Name – Or worse, calling them by a wrong name. This is such a deadly error because it affects that other person’s ego.
Read RMRS articles – Add in the curation sheet all the articles (starting with newest-oldest) that I read today and write a brief summary of what each is about.
|Article Title||Article URL||Brief Summary|
|What To Wear To The Courtroom | Court Dress Code | The Importance Of Dressing Well When Meeting A Judge Or Lawyer||http://www.realmenrealstyle.com/how-to-dress-court/||10 Proper Male Dressing Tips for Court:
1. Know the court’s dress code
|How To Dress Sharp When NO ONE Does | 5 Tips To Be The Most Stylish Man||http://www.realmenrealstyle.com/dress-sharp-when-nobody-does/||Know what you stand for.
Mind the small details – Committing to excellence can also be shown through your choice of clothing. Wear clothing the fits you and right for the setting.
Aim for understated elegance – Also known as the perfect combination of function and style. Focus on quality and build.
Practice wearing whatever you want – Do this and they’ll eventually get used to it.
Understand that it’s okay to change it up – Being different takes a bit of courage. Be confident to stand out from the crowd. Think about what you stand for.
|Style Podcast #61: Real Men Give Flowers||http://www.realmenrealstyle.com/real-men-give-flowers/||Should a man buy flowers for another man? Yes.
Should a man accept flowers from a woman? Yes.
Is it manly to enjoy flowers? Yes.Reason #1: It’s a great way to show you care.
Reason #2: Flowers are shown scientifically to make people feel great. Flowers elevate one’s mood, improve intimacy, and can long-term fight off depression.
Reason #3: People of all ages demonstrate gratitude when given flowers.
|Dogs = More Attractive? | 4 Studies That Prove Why Men Should Own A Dog||http://www.realmenrealstyle.com/dogs-make-men-more-attractive/||How dogs and dressing sharp take your attraction level to a whole new level.
Study #1 – Cats, dogs, and dating preferences. The key takeaway from this is that women love pet-people. Women may also make some assumptions about your personality as a man based on the type of pet you have or if you have a dog, the breed. She will also make some observations on how you treat your pet and will most likely link to how you are as a person.
Study #2 – Having a pet enhances your fashion and makes you more approachable.
Study #3 – Is she going to give you her number if you are with a pet? Dogs were used in this study. And this study proves you are 3x more likely to get what you want with a pet by your side.
Study #4 – This talks about the difference a dog would make if you are a dad or a cad. The dad is the marriage material type and the cad is the player kind of guy.
|Graduate Student’s Wardrobe | Best Grad Student Essentials | College Fashion Staples||http://www.realmenrealstyle.com/graduate-students-wardrobe/||Tip #1: Have the courage to be the best-dressed man – Most men under 30 don’t wear sports jackets. Stand out by wearing one.
Tip #2: Own a staple business suit – Don’t be the guy that presents to the National Academy in sneakers and a plaid jacket. A plain, dark gray suit doesn’t have to be a huge investment, and you’ll be able to keep going back to it every time you’re invited to speak or present somewhere.
Tip #3: Accent your outfits – Give them something to remember you by like pocket squares, belts, watches.
Tip #4: Pay attention to details – Tuck your shirt in, wear belts that are sized right, choose socks that match your trousers not your shoes, etc.
Training with Kat via Skype – No meeting today.
Customer Service Training – Go through the links in the RMRS Customer Service Training spreadsheet. Update my RMRS CSR Notes doc.
Update daily report in RMRS1