Training with Yuri at 3pm via Skype – None for today. Our new meeting schedule is every Tuesday and Thursday as per Yuri.
Personal Image Blueprint – Log in Personal Image Blueprint and go through the lessons one by one (1-3 lessons/day as per Yuri’s instructions) and add what I’ve learned in the Andrea – Curation Sheet (Personal Image Blueprint tab).
|Lesson 10 – Fashion Inspiration from the Movies||A style inspiration is a man’s whose look you want to own – his – or his character’s image. You don’t have to agree with his character – you just have to agree with his wardrobe. Why have a style inspiration? Because being able to have a visual representation of where you are headed when you’re working on your own wardrobe is motivating. And following someone else’s style is also good practice in training your eye to see what looks sharp and what doesn’t.
Where to find inspirations:
|Lesson 11 – Rational Vs. Irrational Decision Making||The Problem with Planning
Everybody has a plan, a checklist but once put in a situation of making quick decisions, we usually don’t care much about whatever plan or checklist we have.Irrational Assumptions
Other people will be making irrational assumptions about you and you can use that knowledge to succeed. The less time people have to actually get to know you, the more impact your appearance has.Why We Trust our Assumptions
We all have instincts or hunches or “feelings” about something we encounter especially visually. What our senses pick up from that encounter, we more often than not use in order to come up with our good or bad feeling about it.
Influencing People’s Assumptions
|Lesson 12 – Practice Dressing Sharp||5 Points to Dress Sharp
1. You have to get out there and do it – You’ll make some mistakes but that’s part of the learning process. Don’t just read, watch, or listen to TPIB’s lessons, take action.
Watch RMRS Youtube videos – Add in the curation sheet 5-10 videos (as per Yuri’s instruction) (starting with newest-oldest videos) that I watched today and write a brief summary what each is about.
|7 Things About YOU That Drive Me CRAZY | Yes, YOU Reading This…||https://youtu.be/QAir0BKe65w||Antonio shares his feedback on the pieces of advice and comments he receives from his viewers and followers:
1. You Are Right – When you tell Antonio that he needs to get to the point a bit faster and he agrees that he used to have this habit and is thankful for the advice.
|Best Knot For LARGE Men? | How To Tie The Hanover Knot | Double Windsor Close Cousin||https://youtu.be/YaUSsMerT1M||The video shows a step-by-step demo on how to tie the Hanover Knot.
The main features of the Hanover Knot are:
1. It’s a large-sized knot which is good for bigger men.
|Travel World In ONE Outfit? | Perfect Traveling ESSENTIALS||https://youtu.be/DgOHYyANhcI|
|How To Spot An American (From A British Guy)||https://youtu.be/UQcRBw2gluU||This is a video collaboration with Paul over at Men’s Fashion Magazine. Paul shares what immediately gets him to spot an American guy traveling in London (where he lives):
1. Oversized/baggy clothing
|10 BAD Style Tips | Horrible Fashion Advice For Men||https://youtu.be/vkVDjd6nBzY||1. Image Is Not As Important As Substance – It’s like they’re saying that if you pay attention to your image, you’re shallow and don’t know what really matters in your life which should be your education, your health, being who you are. Which is wrong since paying attention to your image is something to be considered as well.
2. A Suit Automatically Makes You Look Great – This is wrong since you also have to take into consideration the more important details in order to look sharp in a suit. If the suit is ill-fitting on you, is not appropriate for the weather or setting, and/or is made of not-so-good fabric, then there’s a strong possiblility that you won’t look good in it.
3. Taking Care Of Problems Only When They Appear – Start as early as you can in preparing for what’s ahead of you. For an example, if you’re a graduating student and heading off to college after, put in time and effort in building your wardrobe in order for you have an easier time transitioning into college in terms of your look.
4. Let Your Woman Dress You – Take advice from women but make sure that you’re the one buying and picking out your clothes.
5. Buying All Of Your Clothing At Once – It’s better to buy your wardrobe items piece by piece especially when you’re still developing your style and you’re still not sure what you want.
6. Buying Just Because It’s On Sale – No. If it’s on sale, it could possibly be a good deal but that’s only if you need it.
7. You Don’t Need Clothing To Portray Status – So there’s Mark Zuckerberg as proof to that advice. But you’re not Mark Zuckerberg or Steve Jobs. These people are outliers and can pretty much be the exemption to the rule.
8. Expensive Means Better Quality – This is not always the case. What should be examined when determining the quality of clothing is what they’re made of, its build, the fabric, etc.
9. Imitate Celebrities & Fashion Trends – This can work to your advantage but there’s a chance it could also be dangerous for you especially if the celebrity’s style you are trying to follow only works for him. It’s not also advisable to follow fashion trends as these just go away after a short period of time. Stick to the classics.
10. You Need To Buy More Stuff – Not necessarily. Make sure that every thing you buy, you love.
|Are You Gay For Dressing Well? | Why People Assume Homosexuality For Being Stylish & How To RESPOND||https://youtu.be/ZjJqXttBdxY||Look At The Individual Who Is Asking The Question – Are they naive? Did they grow up in a small town and didn’t travel much? Or maybe this person just wants to get a reaction from you because you’re making him feel insecure or inadequate.
What Is The Society Like? – Where do you live? Does the way you dress make you stand out and make you look different from the rest of the people from your place? The person asking you this question may just be a by-product of the soceity from where you are.
Take A Look At Yourself – Are you dressing to attract or are you dressing to send a signal of status? Because if you’re dressing to attract it usally gives of a more feminine feel.
Response 1: Turn The Tables
Response 2: Challenge Their Assumption
Response 3: Examine Yourself
|Should A Man Cover His Gray? | Tips On Covering Graying Hair…At ANY Age!||https://youtu.be/mRjC744y4Ys||1. It Will Make You Look Younger
2. It Will Make You Feel Younger – Recommended brand to get rid of gray hair is Control GX
3. You Won’t Have To Change Your Wardrobe Colors – You don’t need to rebuild your wardrobe around your change in hair color (in this case, gray). What you can do is try to cover it up with a hair product that works for you.
4. Just Try Something New – Have fun. See if people will notice, see if you start to get compliments, see how it looks with the other clothing in your wardrobe.
|Weird Ways To BOOST Self-Confidence? | 10 Unusual Confidence Builders||https://youtu.be/urkzEWw0fKQ||1. Duct Tape Your Back – Take a strip, run it down your back when you’re standing up straight and erect. If you start to bend over or hunch over throughout the day, you are going to feel it tighten which will make you stand straight up again.
2. Do The Superman Pose – Doing a number of strong poses (not just the Superman one) sends a signal to the brain to be more confident.
3. Say Positive Affirmations In The Mirror – Look at yourself in the mirror and say “Man, you are great! You are awesome!” and this will start make you feel better. Get a haircut, change your diet, etc.
4. Shock Your System – Take a cold shower when you get up in the morning. Do something a bit extreme and feel confident about it.
5. Get Rid Of Bad Body Odor – Take a shower, get into some clean clothes. Don’t stink.
6. Wear a Signature Fragrance – Citrus scents are usually associated with confidence.
7. Breathing Exercises – If you feel like you’re losing your confidence, take a step back and breathe.
8. Have A Destination – Walk with confidence and decide where you want to go.
9. Go For A Walk – Whe you feel like the situation is overwhelming you, try to go for a walk. This helps in relaxing you and taking your mind off things.
10. Take Your Clothes Off – Try stripping your clothes off and walk around your house in
the nude. Just make sure the shades are shut, you don’t want to give a show to the neighbors.
|How to Wear a Ring | Rings and Finger Symbolism Quick Video Tutorial||https://youtu.be/pPhIlVXv9ec||1. Pay Attention To Tradition
2. Pay Attention To Proportion
3. Match Your Metals – Try to go with one metal color.
4. Balance Your Rings – Avoid wearing all of your rings (assuming they are more than rings) in one hand none on the other.Ring Finger – The wedding ring is worn on this finger.
Pinky Finger – The little finger. Any ring on this finger is going to be more prominent.
Middle Finger – The tall finger. You won’t often see a ring worn on this finger for practical reasons as it gets in the way of the index finger when performing tasks.
Index Finger – This finger is a great choice when it comes to class or fraternal rings.
The Thumb – Thumb rings symbolize wealth and influence, thus a bulkier ring is often used which balances
|10 SURPRISINGLY Stylish Clothing Combinations | AWESOME Outfits You Wouldn’t Expect||https://youtu.be/dWAGDeGK8vE||1. Mixing Multiple Patterns
2. Rough & Smooth Textures
3. Incorporate The Odd Vest
4. Navy Suit & Dark Brown Suits
5. White Sneakers With Casual Suit
6. Dark Dress Shirts With Light Jackets
7. Dark Turtlenecks With Light Jackets
8. Classic Navy Jacket With Red Chinos
9. Wear Jeans With Denim Top (Different Shades)
10. Wear Denim Jacket As A Middle Layer
Read RMRS articles – Add in the curation sheet all the articles (starting with newest-oldest) that I read today and write a brief summary of what each is about.
|How To Tie A Tie | The Victoria Knot Infographic||http://www.realmenrealstyle.com/victoria-knot-infographic/||Step-by-step infographic that illustrates how to tie the Victorian Knot|
|5 WORST Grooming Mistakes Men Make | Bad Manscaping Habits||http://www.realmenrealstyle.com/worst-grooming-mistakes-men-make/||“Mistake #:
1. Not having a routine – Having a bad routine is worse than not having a routine at all.
2. Being too impatient – Sometimes, things take time especially when it comes to your body. You can’t always expect overnight results or instant gratification especially when you’re trying out something new such as a facial product. You can’t immediately conclude whether it’s a good brand for you or not, right then and there. Give it time.
3. Too little, too late – Start early with a good routine especially in terms of taking care of your body like your skin. Start using lotions with sunblock, sunblock, moisturizers, anti-aging as early as possible.
4. Too much – You don’t want to overdo it. For example when you’re putting on fragrance, one or two sprays is enough . Observe how concentrated a fragrance is especially if it’s of a perfume kind. Or when you apply hairstyling products, make sure that you only put on a moderate amount enough to achieve the style that you’re aiming for.
5. Having a martyr mindset – It’s always a good thing to care for others but to the extend that you’re going to neglect your body.”
|How To Wear A Sports Jacket With Jeans | Matching Denim And A Sport Coat||http://www.realmenrealstyle.com/sports-jacket-with-jeans/||“Here are some tips:
#1 Wear The Right Sports Jacket – Don’t wear a jacket that’s actually part of a suit (suit jacket). Also make sure a sports jacket fits you nicely and more sporty and casual.
|Style Podcast #59: Stylish Survival Skills||http://www.realmenrealstyle.com/stylish-survival-skills/||1. A Simple Pen – Use this to stab animals that attack you.
2. A Long Sleeve Cotton Dress Shirt – Use this as a filter for water, a bag where you can carry berries, torn-off strips can be used as a bandage.
3. A Belt – Use this to climb a tree or as a whip to drive away animals that try to get your food.
4. A Bright Colored Pocket Square – Use this as a signal flag or to protect your face from the elements.
5. A Jacket – Use this to protect you from the cold.
6. Your Trousers – Use this as a flotation device.
7. Jeans Zipper – Use this as a saw.
8. Your Shoes – Use the laces as a fishing line or to strap together wood or as a tourniquet. Use the rubber sole to grab attention from a passing plane by burning it and creating black smoke.
9. Your Glasses – Use your prescription glasses to start a fire.
10. Your Socks – Use this as a fishing line by tearing them apart down to their thread.
Bonus: Non-Lubricated Condom – Fill it with water, put it in a sock and there you have a makeshift canteen.
|How To Sew On A Button By Hand | Repair Loose Buttons Quickly||http://www.realmenrealstyle.com/how-to-sew-on-button-visual/||This article shows the steps on how to sew on a button (especially if you’re a beginner)|
|How To Sew On A Button Infographic||http://www.realmenrealstyle.com/how-to-sew-on-a-button-infographic/||Step-by-step infographic that illustrates how to sew on a button|
|Matching Dress Shoes And Suits | How To Match A Shoe With Any Suit Color||http://www.realmenrealstyle.com/matching-shoes-with-suit/||Category #1: Navy Blue Suits
Compatible shoe colors:
Category #2: Light / Medium-Gray Suits
Compatible shoe colors:
Category #3: Charcoal Gray Suits
Compatible shoe colors:
Category #4: Brown Suits
Compatible shoe colors:
Category #5: Black Suits
Compatible shoe colors:
|How To Tie The Pratt Knot | Pratt-Shelby | Milanese | Necktie Knots||http://www.realmenrealstyle.com/pratt-shelby-milanese-necktie-knot/||History Of The Pratt Knot
It all started when the 92-year-old, former US Chamber of Commerce employee Jerry Pratt came to the telecast of Don Shelby one day and didn’t leave the show until he was able to fix Shelby’s tie. This amazed Shelby with how Pratt could form the tie’s dimple effortlessly. After that, Shelby wore it on-air, catching the attention of New York fashion writers at the time. They referred to it as a “new” knot. And from then on, the knot became a permanent part of Shelby’s broadcaster wardrobe.When To Wear The Pratt Knot
This knot is appropriate for almost any semi-formal or formal event. Business functions, cocktails, weddings. This goes best with moderately-sized faces.
|How To Find Love | 7 Tips To Find The Perfect Romantic Partner||http://www.realmenrealstyle.com/find-perfect-romantic-partner/||Tips:
1. Be Open To Love – Be ready for a loving relationship.
Onboarding Training with Kat via Skype – None today.
VSA Training – Discuss my progress and goals in terms of my training schedule and the tasks that come with each that need to be knocked down.
|General Admin Module||COMMUNICATION TOOLS||Communication Tools||Responding within 24 hours to any client email, instant message, direct message or tweet is desirable.
It’s good practice to ask what communication channel your client is comfortable with. You can use email, instant messengers, Facebook, or even Twitter.
Tools mentioned in this video: Google Talk, Skype, Yahoo Messenger and Google Hangout.
|General Admin Module||COMMUNICATION TOOLS||Skype – It’s not just for making calls||You need to download Skype and install it in your computer. Register for an account at Skype.com and follow the prompts for downloading it.
Complete your profile and add an appropriate picture, e.g. headshot.
You can accept a video call on Skype even though you don’t have a camera. You will be able to see the caller on video but not you.
You can send files or screen share in Skype.
If you want to make calls to land lines and mobiles phones using Skype, you need to have Skype credits.
|General Admin Module||COMMUNICATION TOOLS||Google Hangout||If you have a Gmail account, then you can use Google Hangout and Google Talk.
If it’s your first time using Google Hangout, you will need to download a plugin.
You can use Google Hangout even if you don’t have a camera. If you do, then the software will access it automatically when you do a hangout. You can turn it off, however.
A regular Google Hangout can have a maximum of 10 participants.
|General Admin Module||Multimedia Tasks||Taking Screenshots||To take a screenshot using Paint, just press “Print Screen,” open Paint (All Programs >> Accessories >> Paint) and paste the image on the white canvas. To paste, click Ctrl+V or use Edit>> Paste
For users of Windows 7 (and above), you can use the Snipping Tool to take screenshots.
For taking sreenshots and more, use SnagIt from Techsmith. This is a premium software. You can download a trial version for 30 days. If you need help downloading & installing the SnagIt software, see our video below.
|General Admin Module||Multimedia Tasks||Editing Audio Using Audacity||Audacity is a free software. Click here to download –> http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
You can use Audacity to record audio, e.g. dictations, yourself singing, or audio tutorials. All you need is a mic for your computer
Drag the selection tool to trim a portion of your audio. If somehow you’re not able to “cut” or delete a portion, please make sure that audio is not on “pause.” Click on the yellow square icon, which means “Stop.”
Take time to properly add a meta data in your file.
|General Admin Module||Multimedia Tasks||Using LastPass for Password Management||You need to download and install LastPass in your computer. Click here to download–> https://lastpass.com/misc_download.php
Be sure to download the version compatible with your operating system, e.g. Windows XP.
Save your password for your favorite web sites or the sites you frequently visit. Do not save your password for your online bank account, Paypal, or similar services.
You can only share logins stored in LastPass with other LastPass users
To share a password. you need to access your vault. When sharing, let the recipient know that he/she needs to accept the share by clicking on the link specified on the notification email or logging in to LastPass online.
|General Admin Module||Multimedia Tasks||URL Shorteners||URL shorteners reduce the number of characters in a link. They’re widely used in social media.
You can use URL shorteners to organize your links and keep track of click throughs.
URL shorteners mentioned here include Bit.ly (https://bitly.com/), TinyURL (http://tinyurl.com/), Su.pr (http://su.pr/), and Ow.ly (http://ow.ly/url/shorten-url).
|WordPress Module||Introduction to WordPress||N/A||Think of WordPress.com as a social/blog network where you can create your own blog, read other blogs, and follow other bloggers.
WordPress.org is where you download the WordPress platform/software so you can install it in your servers.
You can buy a domain name from WordPress.com but they will host your blog/site. In case you violate their rules, they can take down your site without warning and all your content will be lost.
To have full control over your domain, web hosting, and content, it’s better to create a self-hosted WordPress site. For that you will need to buy a domain name and web hosting from HostGator, BlueHost, GoDaddy, and other companies.
|WordPress Module||Installing WordPress in HostGator||N/A||You can buy a domain name and web hosting from HostGator.
You can install WordPress with just a few clicks using Fantastico Deluxe in HostGator’s cPanel.
Use a nickname other than “admin” when setting up WordPress.
Don’t forget to email your WordPress Installation Details to yourself..
|WordPress Module||Exploring the WordPress Dashboard||N/A||The login page for sites built on WordPress is always http://yourdomain.com/wp-login.php. Remember the extension “wp-login.php” and you’ll be all set.
The Dashboard gives you an overview of what you have inside your site.
Your home page can show a static blog post or page. You can set this up in Settings >> Reading.
You can import your old blog posts from other blogging platforms to WordPress using the Import feature.
|WordPress Module||WordPress Themes||N/A||For free WordPress themes, you can search in this directory –> http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/.
Take time to research themes and preview how they would like before you activate the theme
If the theme does not look anything like the demo version, look for theme options under appearance.
|WordPress Module||WordPress plugins||N/A||For a selection of free WordPress plugins, go to the WordPress.org Plugin Directory –> http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/
You need to activae a plugin before installing it.
Most plugins need their settings configured. You can find them in the settings area.
If you’re adding a plugin to add a feature in your sidebars or footers, look for a corresponding widget under the Appearance section.
Plug-ins mentioned in the video — Akismet –> http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/akismet/ (automatically added), Digg Digg –> http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/digg-digg/, and Contact Buddy –. https://ithemes.com/free-wordpress-plugins/contactbuddy/.
If you’re not using a plugin, delete it. Too many plugins will slow down your site.
When choosing a plugin, check out the ratings before installing it.
Update daily report in RMRS1