Training with Yuri at 3pm via Skype – Our new meeting schedule is every Tuesday and Thursday as per Yuri.
Personal Image Blueprint – Log in Personal Image Blueprint and go through the lessons one by one (1-3 lessons/day as per Yuri’s instructions) and add what I’ve learned in the Andrea – Curation Sheet (Personal Image Blueprint tab).
|Lesson 13 – Style & Sex Appeal||5 Traits of sex appeal:
#1: Exaggerates Natural “Male” Traits – Though recent changes on outward sexual characteristics are quickly taking place socially, here’s what “looking male” is all about, should we disregard the said recent changes:
Specific build: broader shoulders, slimmer hips
These masculine traits are even more emphasized and highlighted by good menswear.
#2: Size and Proportion Ratios – Having good body proportion is often associated with being healthy and ready to reproduce.
Good, “healthy” traits that we look for in men include:
Size — both tall and broad, as physically imposing as possible (for fighting, hunting, etc.)
These male traits are even more emphasized and highlighted by good menswear.
#3: The Right Clothing Signals Wealth – You don’t need chunky jewelry, flashy designer items and clothes in order to exude wealth. A classic wardrobe with its items fitting you just right is enough. Your watches don’t need to be big and all, go for a classic piece made from precious metal or with an elegant design.
#4: Treatment By Others – Social Proof Of Status In Society – Another positive effect of dressing sharp is that when you’re out in public, it makes the people around you treat you with deference which, in turn, makes you look like someone who’s in charge and staying that way.
#5: Inner Confidence – Self-confidence makes you feel and act like you’re in charge and when this happens, most people will most likely assume that you are in a positive way.
|Lesson 14 – Your Measurements||This lesson requires the student to accomplish an activity by filling out an online GoogleDoc/form in relation to what his measurements are. In the process of getting this activity done, the student will get guidance from TPIB’s step-by-step video in order to make sure he gets everything right.
Also mentioned in this lesson’s videos are:
|Lesson 15 – Lessons From Hard to Fit Body Types||Understanding the Big Man’s Needs:
There’s no magic outfit that will turn a big man into a trim one. What the right outfit can do is make you look dapper, comfortable, and in charge of yourself. It’s always best to approach a tailor if your size is outside of the usual size chart.Complications for Tall/Short Men:
*Tall, heavyset men – Well-fitted clothes made from textured fabric and worn in multiple layers helps break up the vertical shape without adding lots of visual bulk.
*Short, heavyset men – Opt for plain, dark colors in a straight drape, and eliminate any unnecessary details like pocket flaps. A slim silhouette and solid colors help reduce bulk without making you seem squat as well.
Fit for Slim Men:
Fit for Muscular Men:
What a Muscular Man Needs:
Watch RMRS Youtube videos – Add in the curation sheet 5-10 videos (as per Yuri’s instruction) (starting with newest-oldest videos) that I watched today and write a brief summary what each is about.
|20 Small Style Mistakes That Lead To BIG Problems | Men’s Fashion Faux Pas||https://youtu.be/L5wYNipNAzU||1. Pulling on loose threads
2. Not repairing a loose button immediately
3. Not hemming your trousers – Go to a tailor to make the necessary adjustments. If you don’t have time or there’s one in our area, check out AIr Tailor (recommended company by RMRS)
4. Not checking pockets before washing – Not checking the pockets before washing can possibly leave a pen in the washer and can potentially damage an entire load of clothes.
5. Not reading the care label on clothing
6. Don’t dry clothing too long
7. Take clothing out of dryer immediately
8. Putting clothes in the dryer that aren’t meant to be in the dryer
9. Wearing a shirt with a weak placket – Recommended brand is Million Dollar Collar
10. Billowing shirts – The dreaded muffin top.
11. Buying a shirt that is too short – When you buy a shirt that’s going to be tucked in, make sure it’s long enough. Put the shirt on, raise your hands up and it should be at least one to two inches below your belt line when you still raise your arms up.
12. Tucking in your shirt all the time – Use shirt stays instead. Recommended brand: KK & Jay
13. Not getting your wool sweaters dry cleaned – Moth damage will happen.
14. Not properly storing wool sweaters over the summer – Moth damage will happen.
15. Ironing a suit – Take it to a professional for pressing or just simply steam it.
16. Drying wet leather with heat – This will cause cracks. Allow it to air-dry at room temperature.
17. Hanging a suit on wire hangers
18. Applying cologne directly to your clothing
19. Always leaving your necktie in a knot after wearing – You’re going to damage the tie. Un-tie it when you’re no longer wearing it.
20. Ripping the tags off your clothing – Cut it.
|StyleCon 2017 Recap | Here’s What You Missed | Menfluential 2018 Announcement||https://youtu.be/9ADb_lcSlwA||This video shows the highlights of this year’s StyleCon (now Menfluential).|
|QUICKEST & EASIEST Knot To Tie? How To Tie The Oriental Knot Tutorial Video||https://youtu.be/InhHRvKXync||“The video shows a step-by-step demo on how to tie the Oriental Knot.
The main features of the Oriental Knot are:
1. It’s a small-sized knot.
|How To Be A Douchebag | Tips To DRESS And ACT Like A Douche||https://youtu.be/peNMRtMpnFw||Antonio playfully gives tips on how to be a “douche”:
1. Unbutton Your Shirt To The Navel
|Can A T-Shirt Be Stylish? | 7 Tips To Dress Up Men’s Tee Shirts||https://youtu.be/0brHip34aR0||1. Nail The Fit – Find the brand that fits you properly.
2. Make It A V-Neck
3. BONUS: Wear A Nice Watch – Sponsor: Original Grain
4. Go For Dark Colors
5. Wear With Dark Colored Jeans
6. Choose The Right Fabric
7. Bring In A Vest – If you have a good build, if you’ve got larger arms, this might be something you might want to try wearing.
8. Wear A Jacket – Like a sports jacket.
|10 Mind-Blowing Shaving Facts You Don’t Know | Beard Taxes? | 5,000 Year-Old Razor?||https://youtu.be/mCfK4g3n_Pc||1. The average man takes 150 strokes per shave
2. Men have been shaving for 5,000 years
3. 90% of cartridge razor users change blades based on feel
4. A man’s face has between 10,000-15,000 hair follicles
5. Your hair is most dense on your head & least dense on your calves
6. Most people improperly store their razor
7. The word clean-shaven was officially adopted in 1860
8. Most militaries require their soldiers to be clean-shaven
9. Shaving doesn’t cause your hair to grow back thicker
10. Most shaving problems have nothing to do with a razor
|How Do I Make Money? VERY Detailed Video On How My Businesses Made Over A Million Dollars||https://youtu.be/4OFuB_kY6lI||Antonio shares his earlier days when he just started working as a young man and how he survived his past situations financially. He also shares his thoughts and tips on business and behind the decisions he made that lead him to his present-day life.|
|The UNIVERSAL Knot? | Easily Tie The St. Andrew Knot | Tying A Tie Video Tutorial||https://youtu.be/wba-XAXDNtY||“The video shows a step-by-step demo on how to tie the St. Andrew Knot.
The main features of the St. Andrew Knot are:
1. It’s amedium-sized knot.
|7 Ways To Improve Your Style WITHOUT Much Cash | Low Budget Style Tips||https://youtu.be/B5Vaj1TyIBs||1. Nail the fit – You don’t need to have lots of money to find clothing that fits you. Just find the clothing brand that caters to your body type and size or if you can’t find clothing your size off-the-rack, see and tailor or seamstress to get it altered or if you don’t have one in your area, you can do it yourself — this is why RMRS recommends that guys learn how to sew.
2. Leverage the power of accessories – Wear a pocket square, a watch, etc.
3. Experiment with your style habits – Change them up. Don’t be afraid to try stuff and have fun with style.
4. Use a piece of rarely used clothing – Like a vest.
5. Change up your hair
6. Get rid of clothing you don’t love
7. Have a genuine smile
|10 Ways You Screw Yourself Over | Stop Shooting Yourself In The Foot | Self Improvement Video||https://youtu.be/oRFI4EpBYx4||1. Making excuses
2. Lacking preparation
3. Multitasking – Stydies show that multi-tasking is not the best way to ensure the best quality of one’s work in a timely manner. It’s more advisable to focus on tasks one at a time.
4. Having little discipline
5. Focusing too much on perfection (timing or products) – Time waits for no man. There is no such thing as perfect.
6. Being a “yes” man – Learn to say “no”.
7. Quit learning – Learning never stops. Have continuous education. Always be open to new things.
8. Behaving like a lone wolf – Reach out and connect with others. Every body can use a bot of help here and there.
9. Replacing confidence with ego
10. Bonus mistake – not taking action
Read RMRS articles – Add in the curation sheet all the articles (starting with newest-oldest) that I read today and write a brief summary of what each is about.
|Men’s Button Down Vs Point Collar | Man’s Guide To Shirt Collars||http://www.realmenrealstyle.com/understanding-mens-button-down-collar/||Should a Button-Down Collar be considered as an alternative to more established-as-formal shirt collars such as the Point Collar? No. It is best worn with smart casual items of clothing and is more appropriate for casual settings. It can be worn with a tie but the tie will have to a casual one as well such as a tie made from a worsted wool fabric. It could also be worn with a jacket makse sure that it’s a sports jacket.|
|Best Items For $1000? | Men’s Fashion Pieces Worth Spending $1K||http://www.realmenrealstyle.com/best-items-worth-1000-dollars/||1. A well-fitted suit
2. A mattress you love
3. The right bag – The right briefcase, the right piece of luggage, the one that you’re going to use again and again and is going to stand up to a beating and is going to also look better while in use.
4. A gym membership and personal trainer
6. High-quality jacket or coat
7. A service professional
8. Upgrading electronics every 2 years
9. Taking care of your teeth
10. Cookware and learning how to cook
|Style Podcast #58: Tips on Quitting Social Media||http://www.realmenrealstyle.com/tips-on-quitting-social-media/||8 Reasons Social Media is Bad For You:
1. Forced comparison. We are forced to view the top 1% of what others are doing.
7 Ways to Break Those Bad Social Media Habits:
1. Disable notifications – This also applies to everything on your phone. Put them on silent.
|Thor’s Haircut = Weakness? | Power And Symbolism Of Hair||http://www.realmenrealstyle.com/symbolism-of-thor-hair/||Thor’s hair and the sybolism behind it:
– Long hair is associated with strength
|Work Less And Make More Money? | Step-By-Step Guide To Earning More, Working Less, And DOMINATING||http://www.realmenrealstyle.com/work-less-make-more-money/||1. Solve a burning problem – When it is a burning problem. A burning problem is an urgent issue that needs to resolved as soon as possible. A person with a burning problem an finds that he needs help from other people who know more about his problem would usually be more than willing to pay top-dollar for it.
2. Sell To Customers Capable Of Paying – Make sure to do your research before building a business. Know your target market. If your target market and potential customers are commonly the ones who don’t have money to pay you, then you don’t have a business. Target markets you need to be careful of: children, students, retirees.
3. Be Memorable – Be noticed and remembered. Focus on meeting people and gaining new connections. Engage in conversations with these people by saying something smart and relatable and at the same time subtly mention your company/brand/product in relation to the topics to get to talk about with them.
4. Make Exchange Of Money EASY – Make yourself easily available to receive payments from customers. Make it an easy and convenient process for them. Provide them with various options such as accepting payments via credit cards, debit cards, wire transfer, PayPal, etc.
5. Develop Your Expertise – Someone who has an expertise (a.k.a expert) on a particular niche is perceived to have deeper and more credible knowledge and therefore gets paid more compared to a generalist.
6. Set Boundaries – Don’t lose touch with other important things in life. Schedule everything as much as possible in order to find balance in your work and life.
7. Pay Someone To Work For You
8. Measure everything – How you measure is as important as what you measure. Don’t just measure things for the sake of measuring though. You have to clearly define what your goal is.
9. Detailed training to solve specific problems
10. Hire A Mentor – Benefits of having a business mentor:You have someone to hold you accountable.
You have someone to bounce ideas off of.
You have someone to help keep you motivated.
You have someone to keep you confident and feeling self-assured.
You will have someone to help keep you focused.
You will have wisdom and guidance from someone who has been there and done that.
Onboarding Training with Kat via Skype – Discuss my progress and goals in terms of my training schedule and the tasks that come with each that need to be knocked down.
VSA Training – Discuss my progress and goals in terms of my training schedule and the tasks that come with each that need to be knocked down.
|WordPress Module||Creating Posts and Pages||N/A||In terms of WordPress hierachy, pages may be more important than posts. Examples of pages include About Us, Contact Us, Services, etc. You can actually create a page called Blog and display posts in there.
Some WP themes allow pages to have different layouts or templates, e.g. full width (no sidebar), without a header, etc. Posts are not usually given such flexibility.
Posts have tags and categories whereas Pages do not.
Pages are usually added to the menu, site map and navigation. Blog posts are not.
|WordPress Module||Exploring the Visual Editor||N/A||The icons in the visual editor of WordPress are similar to those in word processing prorams like MS Word.
Some WordPress themes do not automatically add spaces between paragraphs or bullets for listed/numbered items. Knowing basic html coding can help you add spaces and bullets.
TinyMCE Advanced is a WordPress plugin you can install and use to easily format your blog post. Click here to check it out –> https://wordpress.org/plugins/tinymce-advanced/
|WordPress Module||Categories vs. Tags||N/A||Only posts have tags and categories. Do not add too many tags in a single blog post and only put posts in appropriate categories.
Use keywwords to create tags and categories.You can use tools like Ubersuggest.org (https://ubersuggest.io/) to create tags.
|WordPress Module||Creating a WordPress Menu||N/A||WordPress’ menu feature allows you to create two menus. However, some themes may only allow you to create one. Themes also dictate where the menu is located. Keep this in mind when selecting a theme.
You can add pages, categories and links into the menu. Some themes automatically add top-level pages to the menu.
You can add pages, categories and links into the menu. Some themes automatically add top-level pages to the menu.
Popular menu items include Home, About page, Contact Us page, Blog page, and Products/Services page.
|WordPress Module||SEO for WordPress||N/A||Use plugins to optimize pages and posts.WordPress SEO by Yoast –> https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-seo/ and All in one SEO Pack –> https://wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-seo-pack/ are two of the most popular SEO plugins.Between the two, All in One SEO is easier to use from a newbie’s perspective.
Use keyword tools like Ubersuggest.org –> https://ubersuggest.io/ to come up with keywords that you will use in optimizing your pages and posts.
Keep the title of your posts under 70 characters.
Do not stuff your description area with keywords. It would look spammy.
|Social Media Module||Intro to Facebook||N/A||When you sign up for Facebook, then you have created a profile.
To create a page, you need to be logged in to Facebook. Start creating a page by going to this link: https://www.facebook.com/pages
In the video, the trainer mentioned differentiated profile photo from “cover page.” It should be “cover photo.” We know you understand…
|Social Media Module||Posting and scheduling Facebook status updates||N/A||Facebook prefers that page administrators use it’s own scheduling feature to schedule posts.
When scheduling a post, keep in mind that Facebook follows the time zone of your computer settings. You may need to adjust time if you’re in a different time zone as your client.
|Social Media Module||Adding Facebook Admins||N/A||If you’re scared that someone might accidentally delete the page your are managing, add him/her as a content creator.
A person had to like a page before he/she can be added as a page admin.
|Social Media Module||Promoting Facebook Pages||N/A||Tagging a Facebook page in status updates is a good way to promote a page. A better way is to share the link because you generate a snippet/preview of the page.
A like ladder is a risk. You may spend hours liking others’ pages but only get a handful of likers in return. Use this strategy prudently.
Insert your Facebook page URL in your email signature.
|Social Media Module||Facebook Insights||N/A||You can download reports from Facebook insights for a specific period of time.
Some metrics you need to know when measuring ROI on Facebook campaigns include Likes, People Talking About This, Virality, etc.
You can use insights data to find out what posts attract the most engagement from your fans.
|Social Media Module||Managing Your Twitter Following||N/A||In Twitter, there’s a huge possibility that someone will follow you if you follow them on Twitter… unless you’re following a celebrity like Justin Bieber. Good luck on that!
You can find people to follow by doing a search on Twitter or Google.
Organize your Twitter following into lists. You can only create 20 lists.
Use ManageFlitter –> https://manageflitter.com/ to unfollow spammy people and follow more people in batches.
|Social Media Module||Using ManageFlitter||N/A||You can easily sign in to ManageFlitter using your Twitter account.
Unfollow people who have no profile pictures, haven’t tweeted in the last 6 months, or clearly look like spammy accounts
To follow people in batches, upgrade to a Pro ManageFlitter account.
|Social Media Module||Introduction to LinkedIn||N/A||LinkedIn is a good way to showcase your knowledge, skills and experience. This is important especially if you would like to get new clients.
Complete your profile and optimize it with keywords related to your profession, e.g. virtual assistant.
Join groups to network with colleagues or your target market.
Connect with as many people as possible so you can get more recommendations and endorsements.
Update daily report in RMRS1