Personal Image Blueprint – Log in Personal Image Blueprint and go through the lessons one by one (1-3 lessons/day as per Yuri’s instructions) and add what I’ve learned in the Andrea – Curation Sheet (Personal Image Blueprint tab).
|Lesson 20 – Rules On Spending Money||1. Buy Before You Need – You’ll save time and money. You’ll avoid getting stressed over what to wear when something comes up.
2. Don’t Buy Because You Have Money – Despite having money and being able to afford anything you want, still seek a good value. Do not overpay.
3. Know “Quality” When You See It – Visit a Brooks Brothers or Niemen Marcus store — not necessarily to buy but to touch and feel the best.
4. Get A Second Opinion From A Knowledgeable Friend – Bring someone with his opinion you respect. Someone who is straight-to-the-point and has knowledge about style.
5. Handle Salesmen Correctly – Know when to say no to a pushy salesman and politely tell him what you’re looking for.
6. Take Advantage Of The Right Sale – Do Not Wander Into One – Impulse buying two-for-one of something you didn’t need in the first place doesn’t save any money — it spends money you weren’t going to spend. This is a net loss for you.
7. Know Your Measurements – Make sure you always have access to your measurements before buying new clothing. And make sure your measurements are update at least onece a year to keep track of any major weight gain/loss.
|Lesson 21 – What To Spend When Buying Clothing||The All-Purpose Suit – A single high-quality suit is a wardrobe necessity, no matter what anyone else tells you.
How Many: At least one; men in high-formality businesses will need more.
How Much: Anywhere from $300 to $1500+ depending on quality and build.Dress Shirts – Dress shirts are your staple option for looking good with or without a jacket on.
How Many: At least 2-3; work your way up toward 10+ over time.
How Much: Between $25 – $250+ per shirt depending on quality, build, label, and handwork.
Leather Dress Shoes Every man’s closet should have at least two good pairs of leather shoes in it: Plain black oxford balmorals for business dress and brown oxfords, bluchers, or brogues for dress-casual
Denim Jeans – Go for the dark indigo pair of jeans.
|Lesson 22 – 21 Item Essential Wardrobe||Here is the 21 Item Essential Wardrobe list:
1 Suit – navy, grey or charcoal grey, two buttons, double vent, notch lapels, no cuffs, no pleats
1 Jacket – not a suit jacket, can be worn with jeans, chinos or odd trousers
3 Dress Shirts – solid white, light blue, pattern (checks or vertical stripes)
3 Casual Shirts – button ups, polos or solid t-shirts (no graphic tees)
1 Trousers – medium or dark grey wool
1 Chinos – tan or light khaki
1 Jeans – dark wash slim-straight fit (no distressing or fading)
3 Shoes – dress shoes, casual shoes and something in between
2 Neckties – one solid, one patterned, both versatile
1 Belt – one black leather or one brown leather
4 Seasonal – outerwear, sweaters, shorts, etc
Personal Image Blueprint – Questions Task – Come up with 20 questions (paired with their answers) related to the 25-step course and them in the Andrea – Curation Sheet (TPIB Questions Task – tab)
|Question||Answer||From what lesson|
|Why is it useful to know the history behind clothing and style?||The rules of fashion make more sense when you know why and where they come from and with an understanding of the style’s history, you can break a rule when it is appropriate to your situation.||Lesson 3 – Use History To Save Money and Dress with Confidence|
|What are the basic foundations of good style?||Fit, fabric, and function||Mentioned in most of the 25 lessons|
|What are the 5 body types for men?||1. Average Proportions: The Trapezoid Torso
2. Slender: The Rectangular Torso
3. Full-Bodied: The Oval Torso
4. Athletic: The Down-Pointed Triangle
5. Hips Larger Than Shoulders: The Upward-Pointed Triangle
|Lesson 4 – Understanding Body Types|
|Why are the colors black, white, and gray considered neutral “colors”?||Because they can work with any outfit’s color.||Lesson 5 – The Power Of Color|
|The color of your shoes that you’re wearing should match the color of which accessory you have on?||Your belt||Mentioned in most of the 25 lessons|
|What’s the maximum number of shades of a single color in any outfit can you have?||Maximum of 3. Ideal is 2.||Lesson 5 – The Power Of Color|
|What are the key places to look for proportion in your clothing?||Gorge height, lapel width, pockets, shoulders, Shirt collars, pleats, trouser cuffs.||Lesson 7 – Proportion & Menswear|
|Where are usual places to look when in search for a style inspiration?||Magazines, TV, Movies, history||Lesson 10 – Fashion Inspiration from the Movies|
|Why isn’t it advisable to rely on one brand’s size information for you when purchasing the same article of clothing from other brands?||Because sizes are not uniform across. One brand’s “Large”, can be the other brand’s “Extra Large” or “Medium”||Lesson 14 – Your Measurements|
|What are the top 10 measurements that really matter?||1. Neck
3. Full Sleeve
7. Trouser Waist
10. Outseam For Rise
|Lesson 14 – Your Measurements|
|Is it appropriate to have the same exact cloth for your necktie and pocket square?||No. The pocket square and tie can share a color family, but should never be a matched pattern or the exact same, solid color. The pocket square is there to add interest, and it’s not doing that if it’s just repeating the tie.||Lesson 5 – The Power Of Color|
|What are the traditional men’s colors?||White, Charcoal gray, Navy blue, Light blue, Brown, Indigo, Black, Tan.Khaki, Grays (non-charcoal)||Lesson 5 – The Power Of Color|
|Your metals (rings, bracelets) should match but which metal is an exception to the rule?||A wedding band.||Lesson 5 – The Power Of Color|
|The more noticeable a pattern is, the less ________ it is.||Formal||Lesson 6 – Pattern Matching Made Simple|
|No matter how many patterns you wear, no ___________ should be the same general size and scale.||Two patterns||Lesson 6 – Pattern Matching Made Simple|
|What are the most commonly patterned accents for men?||Neckties and pocket squares||Lesson 6 – Pattern Matching Made Simple|
|A piece of clothing with ______________ would be one that made your body look healthy, symmetrical, and attractively-shaped.||“good proportions”||Lesson 7 – Proportion & Menswear|
Watch RMRS Youtube videos – Add in the curation sheet 5-10 videos (as per Yuri’s instruction) (starting with newest-oldest videos) that I watched today and write a brief summary what each is about.
|Should Men Always Pay For The First Date? | Who Pays On 1st Dates The Man Or Woman?||https://youtu.be/T92HCo-peZ0||Rule #:
1. Always Pay For The First Date – There are exceptions to this rule but the man should always be prepared to pay for the first date.
|5 Ways I Judge You | Why “Don’t Judge A Book By Its Cover” Is Misleading||https://youtu.be/sYd28ibVhXs||5 ways that Antonio makes superficial judgements on a person:
1. Based on Punctuality – How punctual the person is when Antonio going to have a meeting in person or via a phone call with him/her.
|Want Success? Stop Doing This… | How To WIN At Life! | 6 Tips To Overcome Excuses & Obstacles||https://youtu.be/Ke2Vrdm8vbs||1. Lose The Ego – Take a step back and always make sure to put yourego in its place.
2. Change Your Language – “I can’t”, “It’s not fair” – stop saying these things and realize what CAN you do and realize that life realy isn’t fair for anyone.
3. What’s The Worst That Can Happen? – The usual excuses for this is “People are going to laugh” – instead of thinking this way, say to yourself “so what?”. When you think about the consequences, you’ll realize they’re not as bad as you imagine them to be.
4. Plan And Expect Setbacks – The point here is not to be pessimistic but not to be overly optimistic either. Be a realist and look at what’s happened in the past and plan for it.
5. Success Requires Preparation – You’re given an opportunity everyday but it’s disguised as work. Preparation in work is what separates men from the boys.
6. Set Up Systems Of Accountability – Do something that will make you follow through with your plans in order to achieve your goals.
|5 Fashion Trends That Gotta Go…Now | Trendy Styles To Avoid | Stop Wearing This Guys…||https://youtu.be/oP4sHnfwBd8||1. Going Skinny – Stop following the skinny or the loose trend. Find what fits your body and stick to that.
2. Emergence of Old School Shaving Techniques – Straight razors, cut-throat razors to be more specific. Some people have the tendency to follow these types of approaches but in the process decide to never go back to the cartridge razors. There is a time and place for each shaving style and one should take advantage of each of them when the situation calls for it.
3. Bandanas And Neckerchiefs – Think of function. Don’t be somebody that wears something just because it’s in trend.
4. Pajama Suits – Let’s get back to the original dark-colored conservative classic suit.
5. Going With The “In” Colors – You don’t have to wear these colors especially if it doesn’t work for you.
|Balthus Knot – How To Tie | EASILY Tying This Unique Casual Knot | Tie-A-Tie Video Tutorial||https://youtu.be/18VD4ZWep8U||The video shows a step-by-step demo on how to tie the Balthus Knot.
The main features of the Balthus Knot are:
1. It’s a large-sized knot.
Read RMRS articles – Add in the curation sheet all the articles (starting with newest-oldest) that I read today and write a brief summary of what each is about.
|5 Hacks To Seal Razor Cuts | How To Stop Bleeding After Shaving||http://www.realmenrealstyle.com/seal-razor-cuts/||Item #1 – Glyder Styptic Balm – This styptic balm contains Vitamin E, Aloe Vera, and Argan Oil to deal with every little nick or cut on your face.
Item #2 – Styptic Pencil – This contains anti-hemorrhagic agents that quickly and properly cease blood flow of razor cuts.
Item #3 – Alum Block – This stops bleeding by constricting blood vessels and tightening your pores (the way deodorant seals sweat). Just beware of the strong sting this can cause.
Item #4 – Chapstick – It’s not the most sanitary option but it does a decent job handling minor cuts or cracked skin on your face/body.
Item #5 – Listerine – It doesn’t actually seal the cuts – only reduces blood flow in a short span of time. And it stings like hell!
|Should Men Always Pay For The First Date? | Paying Everything Vs 50-50 | Dinner And Date Etiquette||http://www.realmenrealstyle.com/dinner-date-etiquette/||Rule #:
1. Always Pay For The First Date – There are exceptions to this rule but the man should always be prepared to pay for the first date.
|Ultimate Shirt Ironing Guide | How To Iron Shirts Like A Boss||http://www.realmenrealstyle.com/shirt-ironing-guide/||The benefits of ironing your shirt:
Your shirts will last longer.
You’ll get significant savings.
You control the outcome.This article also shows a step-by-step demo on how to iron a shirt especially as a beginner.
|Style Podcast #66: Should You Pay for the Date?||http://www.realmenrealstyle.com/should-you-pay-for-the-date/||Know your date’s feelings about who pays before anyone even orders.|
|How To Wear A Blazer | A Young Man’s Guide To The Blazer Jacket||http://www.realmenrealstyle.com/young-mans-guide-blazer-jacket/||2 Blazer sttyles: American and English.
The American style blazer – Leans more towards the suit jacket, but with differences. The traditional American blazer will have 2 buttons and a center vent and notched lapels. The pockets are either flapped or patched.
The English style blazer – The traditional English blazer will be less boxy than the American counterpart. It will be cut so that emphasis is placed on the shoulders and chest. You will find the English blazer style in single breasted, but double breasted is most common. This version will sport a double vent and, if double-breasted, will have peaked lapels and 3 buttons.
What to wear with your well-tailored blazer? For this aspect, we will be using an American style navy blue blazer, 2 buttons, double vent, patched pocket, notched lapels:
When to wear the navy blazer and how to make the jacket yours? A fitted blazer is a great fill-in for when suits are too formal and sport coats are too casual.
Weekly Company Meeting – With Antonio and the rest of the team.
VSA Training – Go through the VSA modules and add notes in the Andrea Curation Sheet
|SEO Module||Off-page optimization||N/A||Share the blog post in the big 5 of social networks: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, and Pinterest.
Schedule tweets for the new blog post at least 4 times in the next 24 hours. Make sure to add hashtags to your Tweets.
Share the blog post to your personal profile, Facebook page, and appopriate Facebook groups.
Post a status message on Linked with links to the post. Share it with appropriate LinkedIn groups.
Sharing on Google+ helps with indexing.
|SEO Module||Using a Social Bookmarking Tracking Sheet||N/A||For easy sharing, use Google Docs’ spreadsheet program.
Shorten links using bit.ly or su.pr because they also syndicate your public links.
Freeze the top row of your spreadsheet so the labels remain where they are.
|SEO Module||StumbleUpon||N/A||When adding a page, make sure that you choose the most appropriate category.
Add keywords in your description to optimize your SU submission.
|SEO Module||N/A||Add a catchy title to your bookmark. The more attention-grabbing, the better.
Choose an appropriate subreddit or other redditors will thumb down your post.
|SEO Module||Delicious||N/A||Use the bookmarklet to make easy submissions.
Include keywords in your description.
|SEO Module||Blog Commenting||N/A||Make sure you only comment on blogs which are relevant to what you are promoting.
Make sure your comments are actually appropriate to the post and don’t come across as “spammy” or don’t have any sense.
Don’t forget to include a link to your client’s website!
|Email Marketing Module||What is email marketing?||N/A||Email marketing is unlike Gmail, Yahoo Mail or AOL.|
|Email Marketing Module||Creating a New list in Aweber||N/A||Let the name of your list be descriptive of what the list is for, i.e. salespagesignup.
Always turn on confirmed opt-ins if you have are redirecting subscribers to a success page.
|Email Marketing Module||Adding and Removing Subscibers in Aweber||N/A||You can remove several people from your list in one go.
Make sure that you are on the right list before adding a subscriber.
Update daily report in RMRS1