Training with Yuri at 3pm via Skype – Speak with Yuri re what my tasks will be and get further instructions from on how to go about the training with him.
Personal Image Blueprint – Log in Personal Image Blueprint and go through the lessons one by one (1-2 lessons/day as per Yuri’s instructions) and add what I’ve learned in the Andrea – Curation Sheet (Personal Image Blueprint tab).
|Lesson 3 – Use History To Save Money and Dress with Confidence||Reasons why you should know about the history of style:
1. THE HISTORY OF MEN’S CLOTHES IS A GREAT SOURCE OF INSPIRATION
2. HISTORY PROVIDES A CONTEXT FOR CLOTHES
3. LESSONS FROM THE PAST INFLUENCE THE PRESENT
4. YOU’LL RECOGNIZE THE SIGNS OF QUALITY
5. YOUR STYLE WILL ALWAYS BE RELEVANT
|Lesson 4 – Understanding Body Types||The 5 body types of men:
Average Proportions: The Trapezoid Torso
Slender: The Rectangular Torso
Full-Bodied: The Oval Torso
Athletic: The Down-Pointed Triangle
Hips Larger Than Shoulders: The Upward-Pointed Triangle
Personal Image Formula – Register at Personal Image Formula and go through the lessons one by one and add what I’ve learned in the Andrea – Curation Sheet (Personal Image Blueprint tab).
|Lesson||Summary/What I’ve learned|
|Equation 1 – Timeless Style||There 3 are basic elements of style:
1. Fit – How clothes look on you.
These are the 3 variables that make up the Timeless Style Equation:
TS = Fi x Fu x Fa
Fi – Fit
The perfect score for each variable is 10.
Ignoring any part of the Timeless Style Equation can have devastating results that’s why it’s advisable that you make an effort to get a passing score for each area.
|Equation 2 – Style Law of Fit||Though all 3 F’s play an important role, when it comes down to it, if you’re only allowed to pick just one thing out of the 3, go for fit. Good fit is the most important aspect of style that needs to be achieved above anything else. Whether you’re underdressed or overdressed, at least you don’t have ill-fitting clothes on. And if you had to pick between function and fabric, pick function. It’s always better to be dressed appropriately even if the quality or brand of the garment isn’t of the highest quality. It’s best to show up in a tux, even if it’s cheap as long as it fits well.|
|Equation 3 – Style Theory of Value||Value is derived from how much “mileage” you get out of a piece of clothing. It also depends on how you feel when you wear it. Value does not equal price. A clothing item can be very expensive but it does not mean it’s going to be a staple item in your wardrobe that you’re going to be able to wear often. This equation is all about guiding you and helping you decide what kind of clothes to buy. And the kind of clothes you should go for should be those that make you feel good when you wear them and you know you can wear often, and aren’ unreasonably expensive.|
Watch RMRS Youtube videos – Add in the curation sheet 5-10 videos (as per Yuri’s instruction) (starting with newest-oldest videos) that I watched today and write a brief summary what each is about.
|Video Title||Video URL||Brief Summary|
|100 Year Old Style Secrets | 7 VINTAGE Items Every Man Should Have In His Wardrobe||https://youtu.be/tBB4246dSSI||1. Single blade razor (safety & straight) – when choosing the type of razor, your basis should be around what you find more comfortable to use and what basically just gets the job done for you.
2. A true aftershave – (recommended brand/sponsor: Aqua Velva) An aftershave typically contains an antiseptic which stil plays a decent role today. Aqua Velva aftershave is not only an antiseptic, it also is a moisturizer which is good for the skin that just experienced shaving.
3. Pomade – This has made a recent comeback in men’s must-have toiletries since the Quiff and the Pompadour hairstyles are back and have become quite popular especially with the younger men nowadays. The Pomade is the best hair product when managing the mentioned hairstyles.
4. The vest – A lot of men can look good in a vest especially men with the built-up chest and larger arms. Best to be worn with a jacket as well.
5. The bow tie – This is just as formal as the necktie and at times can be worn with items of a higher level of formality.
6. Suspenders – This accessory used to be worn more often in the past for its functionality when it comes to holding up one’s trousers. Anyone can still wear this today to look stylish and would best serve men with larger mide-section and narrow hips and find that their trousers more often than not keep sliding down their waist.
7. The handkerchief – This can also be used in place of a pocket square but its purpose is leaning towards its being more useful in terms of wiping surfaces instead of using tissues.
|3 Reasons Why Real Men Buy Flowers | Research Backed Reasons To Give Flowers||https://youtu.be/2R5fxLf4jVs||Should a man buy flowers for another man? Yes.
Should a man accept flowers from a woman? Yes.
Is it manly to enjoy flowers? Yes.Reason #1: Flowers make people feel great. Man or woman.
Reason #2: Flowers are scientifically proven to have benefits. Flowers elevate one’s mood, improve intimacy, and can long-term fight off depression.
Reason #3: Men have enjoyed flowers for thousands of years – poets, kings, warriors. They enjoyed flowers because they represent life, fleeting beauty – something that’s here one day but can easily be lost the next – much like our lives and everything around us and having understood that like the men in the past, you’ll have more courage to appreciate flowers.
|How to Tie The Victoria Knot | Four In Hand Larger Cousin | Tying A Tie Video||https://youtu.be/Stvg4-9AXb8||The video shows a step-by-step demo on how to tie the Victoria Knot.
The main features of the Victoria Knot are:
1. It’s a small, uneven knot that’s easy to tie.
|5 WORST Grooming Mistakes Men Make (And How To Fix Them!) | BIGGEST Manscaping DON’TS||https://youtu.be/ygZyIJN-w8U||Mistake #:
1. Not having a routine – Having a bad routine is worse than not having a routine at all.
2. Being too impatient – Sometimes, things take time especially when it comes to your body. You can’t always expect overnight results or instant gratification especially when you’re trying out something new such as a facial product. You can’t immediately conclude whether it’s a good brand for you or not, right then and there. Give it time.
3. Too little, too late – Start early with a good routine especially in terms of taking care of your body like your skin. Start using lotions with sunblock, sunblock, moisturizers, anti-aging as early as possible.
4. Too much – You don’t want to overdo it. For example when you’re putting on fragrance, one or two sprays is enough . Observe how concentrated a fragrance is especially if it’s of a perfume kind. Or when you apply hairstyling products, make sure that you only put on a moderate amount enough to achieve the style that you’re aiming for.
5. Having a martyr mindset – It’s always a good thing to care for others but to the extend that you’re going to neglect your body.
|Perfect Clothing Combo? | Sports Jacket + Jeans = AWESOME | How To Wear Jackets With Denim||https://youtu.be/5JZOJAENR1Y||Here are some tips:
#1 Wear The Right Sports Jacket – Don’t wear a jacket that’s actually part of a suit (suit jacket). Also make sure a sports jacket fits you nicely and more sporty and casual.
|How To Sew On A Button | Quick & Easy Sewing By Hand||https://youtu.be/xNy9hLCl0NM||This video has Antonio demonstrating the basics and how easy it is to sew on a button especially when it’s an emergency.|
|How To Tie The Pratt Knot | Tie Knot That’s Been Used For 100 Years | Tying Necktie Tutorial||https://youtu.be/J9xEnyNSXbY||The video shows a step-by-step demo on how to tie the Pratt Knot (Shelby Knot).
The main features of the Pratt Knot are:
1. It’s a medium-sized knot that’s easy to tie.
|7 Tips To Find Love | How A Man Can Find The Perfect Romantic||https://youtu.be/kxSQsasNa2o||Tips:
1. Be Open To Love – Be ready for a loving relationship.
Read RMRS articles – Add in the curation sheet all the articles (starting with newest-oldest) that I read today and write a brief summary of what each is about.
|Article Title||Article URL||Brief Summary|
|Cheap Vs Luxury Men’s Underwear | 5 Differences Between Cheaper And High-End Under Wear||http://www.realmenrealstyle.com/cheap-vs-luxury-mens-underwear/||Does it really matter whether your underwear is high-end or not? Yes.
Comparing Men’s Underwear:
#1 – Fabric
#2 – Fit
#3 – Function
#4 – Customer Service
#5 – Options
|Style Podcast #62: Dogs Make You More Attractive||http://www.realmenrealstyle.com/dogs-make-you-more-attractive/||5 Reasons to own a pet:
1. Makes you more approachable.
|6 Tips To Live A Fulfilling Life | Happiness Vs. Fulfillment||http://www.realmenrealstyle.com/how-to-be-fulfilled/||Being fulfilled and being happy — they’re not the same thing. Go for fulfillment. Happiness is just a by-product of fulfillment.
Step 1: Take care of your safety & security
|Can A Man Wear An Undershirt Alone? | What You Should Know About Undershirts||http://www.realmenrealstyle.com/mens-undershirts-can-they-be-worn-alone/||Antonio’s reasons why undershirts shouldn’t be worn on its own:
1) It wouldn’t be an undershirt if you didn’t wear it under anything.
|Say NO To Skinny Jeans | 3 Reasons Why Men Should Not Wear Tight Pants||http://www.realmenrealstyle.com/men-wear-skinny-jeans/||Reason #1 – Skinny Jeans Are NOT Comfortable
Don’t compromise your comfort to thinking you look fashionable in skinny jeans.Reason #2 – Skinny Jeans Can Cause Health Issues
Such as pressure in the groin, bladder problems, twisted testicles.Reason #3 – Skinny Jeans Do NOT Show An Attractive Silhouette
Having the right cut and fit of pants/jeans on will result to a flattering V-shape. The kind of silhouette a man should aim for. And the skinny jeans will do nothing like that for you. Instead it will likely create a Y-shape silhouette for you which is not a balanced look to have. You will look bulkier on your upper body and too thin on lower body.
Bonus Reason: Skinny Jeans = Passing Trend (NOT Classic Style)
|25 Most Common Stains & How To Treat Them – Infographic||http://www.realmenrealstyle.com/remove-stains-diy/||An infographic that illustrate how to manage different kinds of stains.|
Training with Kat via Skype – Discuss with Kat how to go about checking of orders, testing of customer log-ins, and resetting or creating passwords for customers.
Customer Service Training – Go through the links in the RMRS Customer Service Training spreadsheet. Create and update my RMRS CSR Notes doc.
Update daily report in RMRS1