When you become a father, you lose TIME:
- to watch television (like football games)
- to go out for drinks with friends
- to WORK OUT – which affects your chances of wearing well-fitted clothes easily
You lose control of your schedule, personal space. You have to excuse yourself from other things more often and ask other people to understand…
That being said – time with your kids is valuable! They’re definitely worth your priority ALWAYS.
Having kids means your clothes now represent MORE than yourself – but your family as well.
• You wouldn’t want to embarrass your kids with how you’re dressed.
• Your kids eventually get inspired by how you dress as they grow up and are more self-conscious.
• Your wife still cares about how well dress; she’ll want to be proud of you in front of others.
So what do should you learn to do?
• Get your kids involved – make your clothing-related tasks a family thing; ask your kids to join you polishing your shoes or doing laundry
• Wear dark and durable clothing; 100% cotton shirts that can be washed and de-stained easily – a lifesaver when your kids vomit or stain your clothes with food
• Dress up and groom yourself ahead of time – better the night before than in the morning, when everybody’s in a hurry and your kids are “messing around”
• Have an extra set of work clothes in the office
• For any stains, always act quickly to de-stain them – and accept that this is all part of the job! Because fatherhood is actually the best thing that can happen to you. It changes your life!