End goal: Making the most out of men’s clothing
The task: creating an interchangeable wardrobe
You want to be able to look your best with a limited amount of clothing
• Effective mixing and matching
• Owning classic clothing with great QUALITY
How to go about this?
First look at the clothing you have (does Item X really belong in an interchangeable wardrobe)?
• Is this jacket outlandish? Is this color going to be hard to match with a lot of different clothes?
• White, black, gray, navy blue – classic colors that are the easiest to pair up with different items
Examples to consider:
• Sweater – choose cashmere over a heavy cable knit; the lighter sweater will be matchable with more of your other clothing items
• Shoes – go with Oxfords (plain black) since they can be paired with almost any suit (and they’re more versatile than medium-brown dress shoes)
• Focus on the 90% – the core pieces to help you “ace the test” and give yourself an ideal wardrobe
• Then start expanding the CORE – incorporating your STYLE into the interchangeable wardrobe
• Your wants should come in AFTER you take care of the 90% (a.k.a. stuff “you can’t go wrong with”) – and you will surely still have PLENTY of options