+ Articles can be 800-2000 word count (not 1000-1500 as I thought.) If a word can go it must go – if deleting words takes away from the message – then add in words – but if deleting words does nothing to muddy the message – get rid of it. Don’t get too hung up on word count…Instead ask – is the message clearly delivered? If you’re going over 2,000 it’s either too wordy or a VERY extensive guide in which case will be eligible for double pay.
+ I studied how to work faster and make quicker decisions – some of my takeaways were:
- Set time goals for all major tasks.
- Try to do unimportant tasks in 10 minutes.
- Pretend your workday ends at 11am (/2 hours after start time).
- Accept imperfection and the possibility of failure.
- Time decisions – allow 1-2 minutes.
- Decide at random – if you can’t choose between two options they’re probably both fine.
- Choose what’s quickest and easiest.
However, I think the no.1 hack for working fast and making quick decisions is a feeling – the spirit of confident and excited urgency which is very prevalent at RMRS. This can only happen if you feel that you’re capable and doing a good job, so it helps to be positive about your performance and abilities and hopeful for the future.
One thing I did to embody the 10 Commandments: Made a lot of progress on my prompt sheet – ‘Systemize Everything You Do’.
+ Keep working on prompt sheet.
+ Check out The Effortless Gent and The Alpha Male.