If you’d like a checklist with checkable boxes for all this, there’s one here.
Click to jump to:
- Login to keap.com and click Email & Broadcasts > Send a Broadcast.
- Click the ‘Get Started’ button and go to Actions > Create Blank Email.
- Where it says ‘From: The contact’s owner’ click the pencil and select Antonio Centeno <firstname.lastname@example.org> and SAVE THE CHANGE
- Click in the ‘recipients’ field and select
‘001. RMRS -> 001-Broadcast-All-Finished’
- Enter an attention-grabbing subject line
- Add preview text – a ‘sneak peek’ to hook readers further
- Use TestSubject to check how they look on mobile
- Go to ‘Merge’ on the blue bar > Contact Fields (most common) > First Name
- It should now say ~Contact.FirstName~. Add a comma after.
- Write or paste in your email
- If sponsored, include a sponsor link with some variant of ‘Click here to check out x’ near the beginning, and the FINAL, SHORT video link in the P.S. (Just put text if you don’t have links yet.)
- If sponsored, include any discount code.
- If non-sponsored, put the FINAL, SHORT video link in the text and either the article link or a personal touch in the P.S. Or ask for an email reply.
- “Always sign off ‘Semper Fi, Antonio’
(or ‘Semper Fi, Antonio ‘[something funny]’ Centeno’)”
- If you’ve pasted anything in, check the text colour is #343434
- The draft will save automatically and you can click ‘Exit’
- In the Content Team Schedule Spreadsheet under ’email list’ type in ‘drafted’ and change the cell colour to orange.
Adding and Creating Tags
Tags help track the number of clicks each link receives. They can be created directly from the draft of the email.
- When adding a URL, click the link icon.
- Insert the correct URL.
- Select the small tag with a + icon
- Where it says ‘Select a tag…” enter the tag you want to create. (For example nov-21-19-video)
- From the drop-down menu ‘Choose Tag Category’, select ‘077.Email-Stats’
- Click Create.
- Click Done to add the tag.
- Add any missing links.
- Make sure links have no spaces at the end or beginning
- Tag links. The tags follow the pattern: first 3 letters of the month-date-year-video/sponsor
- Send a test email to yourself, Gavin, and Steven and check all the links work (the video link won’t be live yet, but it will say the video is private).