If you’d like a checklist with checkable boxes for all this, there’s one here.
Click to jump to:
- Login to keap.com and click Email & Broadcasts > Send a Broadcast.
- Click the ‘Get Started’ button and go to Actions > Create Blank Email.
- Where it says ‘From: The contact’s owner’ click the pencil and select Antonio Centeno <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Click in the recipients field and select
‘001. RMRS -> 001-Broadcast-All-Finished’
- Enter an attention-grabbing subject line
- Add preview text – a ‘sneak peek’ to hook readers further
- Use TestSubject to check how they look on mobile
- Go to ‘Merge’ on the blue bar > Contact Fields (most common) > First Name
- It should now say ~Contact.FirstName~. Add a comma after.
- Write or paste in your email
- If sponsored, include a sponsor link with some variant of ‘Click here to check out x’ near the beginning, and the FINAL, SHORT video link in the P.S. (Just put text if you don’t have links yet.)
- If sponsored, include any discount code.
- If non-sponsored, put the FINAL, SHORT video link in the text and either the article link or the personal touch in the P.S. Or ask for an email reply.
- “Always sign off ‘Semper Fi, Antonio’
(or ‘Semper Fi, Antonio ‘[something funny]’ Centeno’)”
- If you’ve pasted anything in, check the text colour is #343434
- Draft will save automatically.
- (If both email and bot copy are drafted) Check off in IK, notify Gavin and Steven
- Add any missing links.
- Make sure links have no spaces at the end.
- Tag links.
- Send a test email to yourself, Gavin, and Steven and check all links work in the email.
- Click ‘Review and Send’ > ‘Schedule for later’ and select date (double check IK.)
- Select the publication time IN CENTRAL TIME as 07:00.
- Click ‘Schedule’. It will take a few minutes to show up as scheduled.
- (If email, bot, and push notification are all scheduled) Check off in IK, notify Gavin and Steven
- No amends after Steven checks it unless absolutely necessary.
- Had to change something? Notify him to check again!
There are two different methods you can use to create a split test.
Both start as if you’re drafting a normal email:
- Go to Email & Broadcasts > Send a Broadcast.
- Click the ‘Get Started’ button and go to Actions > Create
Don’t worry – this takes a long time to explain, but it’s really quick to do!
- Here’s the stats spreadsheet (we only care about the tab ‘Broadcasts from INFUSIONSOFT’ – everything else is old info and no longer updated).
- Check broadcast stats at 7am CST on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (24 hours after each video goes live). Set an alarm to remind yourself!
- Check subscriber stats at 7am CST on Mondays, right after broadcast stats.
Checking Broadcast Stats
- Add a row at the top of the spreadsheet and put YESTERDAY’S day and date in the first column.
- Login to keap.com.
- Go to Email & Broadcasts > View Email Broadcasts and click Search.
- Find the email that was sent 24 hours ago and click View.
- Put the email subject line in the Subject column on the spreadsheet.
Fill in the blue ‘Email’ section.
- Right under ‘Broadcast stats’ you’ll see ‘Total delivered’. Put that number in the ‘Total Sent’ column.
- On the next line down, look to the right and you’ll see the open rate (it’s a percentage). Put that in the ‘Open Rate’ column.
- Look another line down and you’ll see the click rate (also a percentage). Put that in the ‘Click Rate’ column.
- If yesterday’s video had no sponsor or article: look to the left and you’ll see ‘Clicks: Unique’. Put that number in the ‘Clicks To Video’ column.
- Otherwise: Mouse over the green logo at the top left and you’ll see a drop-down menu.
- Under ‘CRM’ click ‘Settings’.
- On the left, click ‘Tags’.
- Scroll down till you see the tags for yesterday’s email. They’ll be ‘[date]-Video’ and either ‘[date]-Sponsor’ for a sponsored email or ‘[date]-Article’ for an unsponsored one.
- Click ‘Show Number’ beside each one.
- Put those numbers in the ‘Clicks To Sponsor’, ‘Clicks To Video’, and/or ‘Clicks To Article’ columns.
- If your email took an unusually long time to deliver, the numbers will be lower than usual. Put ‘AR 25‘ in red in the ‘Weekly Net Subs’ column so we know why.
Fill in the green ‘Facebook Bot’ section.
- Login to Manychat.
- Click on ‘Broadcasting’ on the left.
- Scroll down to ‘History’ and find the chatbot that was sent yesterday. (Ignore the ones that say ‘YouTube Post’.)
- Under ‘Sent’ you’ll see a number. Put that in the ‘Total Sent’ column.
- Under ‘Read(%)’ you’ll see a number with a percentage in brackets.
10 Commandments Working For RMRS
Let Your Team Know What Is Going On – Email when assignments received, ask questions early, and make sure you are clear on the direction and WHY we do what we do. If you do something that affects others – let them know. You should have people’s Skype, email, and phone number just in case of an emergency. On the flip side – don’t waste people’s time with information they DO NOT need – aka don’t just cc Antonio because you want to – no, think about who you are emailing or calling and share relevant info in a timely manner.
Take The initiative
If you see a problem, FIX it! If you don’t know how to fix it, then talk to someone on the team who can help you or raise it to a manager’s attention if you feel it is important enough. Never assume other people will do what you can take care of when you spot it. Also if you spot processes or systems that can be improved upon – do it! I reward people for taking action – even if they make mistakes. Not taking action is the worst thing you can do and it is a decision. You are a skilled artist in your own discipline – see opportunities for your skills with my company and tell me where I can best use your skill-set!
Systemize Everything You Do
If you do something more than once, you should have a checklist that you follow when doing it. Astronauts, Jet Pilots, & Doctors use checklists as they eliminate error and free up your limited willpower to focus in on new tasks that require your higher level of cognitive thinking. Like a glass of water – you only have so much brainpower in a day. DO NOT waste it on repetitive tasks (- checklists free you to think on new things and get through old tasks without error and without having to think too much. All checklists should be at a central location and you need to make them unique to your requirements. Update them regularly.
Execute the Task On Time
Finish Assignments on time. When you work with others or need something from others – give them a timeframe to complete and deadline as to when you need it. Work must always be completed by the deadline…..better for it to