B roll that was filmed to create a demonstration video will need to be archived once it is no longer needed to free up space for new projects.
1. Move the b roll from the editing/media hard drive to an archive/backup hard drive.
2. Create a folder labeling exactly what kind of footage it is (Swimwear, Posture, Dress Codes, etc) before moving the footage.
3. Create a folder on the RMRS Google Drive and upload the footage there for additional backup, again carefully labeling what the type of footage is.
RMRS Google Drive
4. Make sure the media has successfully been copied before deleting it off the editing/media drive.
5. Once the footage has been moved, double check any current projects to see if any of the moved b roll is being used. If so, re-link the media to the new location.
B Roll should be archived every two weeks if there are frequent videos coming in, once a month if there aren’t any new demonstration videos being filmed.