If you’d like a checklist with checkable boxes for all this, there’s one here.
Click to jump to:
- Login to keap.com and click Email & Broadcasts > Send a Broadcast.
- Click the ‘Get Started’ button and go to Actions > Create Blank Email.
- Where it says ‘From: The contact’s owner’ click the pencil and select Antonio Centeno <email@example.com>
- Click in the recipients field and select
‘001. RMRS -> 001-Broadcast-All-Finished’
- Enter an attention-grabbing subject line
- Add preview text – a ‘sneak peek’ to hook readers further
- Use TestSubject to check how they look on mobile
- Go to ‘Merge’ on the blue bar > Contact Fields (most common) > First Name
- It should now say ~Contact.FirstName~. Add a comma after.
- Write or paste in your email
- If sponsored, include a sponsor link with some variant of ‘Click here to check out x’ near the beginning, and the FINAL, SHORT video link in the P.S. (Just put text if you don’t have links yet.)
- If sponsored, include any discount code.
- If non-sponsored, put the FINAL, SHORT video link in the text and either the article link or the personal touch in the P.S. Or ask for an email reply.
- “Always sign off ‘Semper Fi, Antonio’
(or ‘Semper Fi, Antonio ‘[something funny]’ Centeno’)”
- If you’ve pasted anything in, check the text colour is #343434
- Draft will save automatically.
- (If both email and bot copy are drafted) Check off in IK, notify Gavin and Steven
- Add any missing links.
- Make sure links have no spaces at the end.
- Tag links.
- Send a test email to yourself, Gavin, and Steven and check all links work in the email.
- Click ‘Review and Send’ > ‘Schedule for later’ and select date (double check IK.)
- Select the publication time IN CENTRAL TIME as 07:00.
- Click ‘Schedule’. It will take a few minutes to show up as scheduled.
- (If email, bot, and push notification are all scheduled) Check off in IK, notify Gavin and Steven
- No amends after Steven checks it unless absolutely necessary.
- Had to change something? Notify him to check again!
There are two different methods you can use to create a split test.
Both start as if you’re drafting a normal email:
- Go to Email & Broadcasts > Send a Broadcast.
- Click the ‘Get Started’ button and go to Actions > Create