Explanation of the process:
1. Check on BrightPod if the scheduled content is sponsored or not.
- If it is – the broadcast copy should promote that sponsor. The link placed on the call to action button should direct the visitors straight to the sponsor’s landing page.
- If it’s not – the broadcast should promote the content going out that day.
- If there is no content going out – you have two choices: you can promote a post that adds value to the audience or choose an evergreen sponsor from the spreadsheet and promote that sponsor.
2. Write the copy – make it short and conversational.
- The broadcasts that we usually send consists of two parts.
- The first message is a short question or statement that awakens people’s curiosity followed by 2 or 3 buttons that they can choose to click on. No matter which button they click, they will get the same follow up message (message # 2).
- The copy for message # 2 should make sense for all options and it should provide them with more information. A final call to action button is inserted at the bottom of message # 2 and this button should link straight to the sponsors or to the content that you will be promoting on that day.
3. Insert images and/or GIFs
Adding images to the broadcasts increase the click-through-rate, so it’s always a good idea to insert one that is relevant to the copy. Click here to learn how to insert a GIF.
Ideal image format: PNG
Image size: 900×900 px (ideal size) but they must be at least 450×450 px.
Note: Dimensions can be lower than 450px, just don’t make one side longer than double the size of the other side. Click here for more information on the ideal image size.
4. Discount codes
- If the sponsor has a special discount, you can include it in the copy.
- Test the code on the sponsor’s website to ensure that it works.
The broadcasts that promote a sponsor should have a tracking link so that the traffic can be credited to RMRS, that way sponsors will know for sure that RMRS is sending traffic to their page.
- If the sponsor provides you with the tracking link, no further action is required from your part.
- If the sponsor does not provide you with a tracking link – you have two options: 1) Create a tracking link using Google’s Campaign URL builder, or 2) Ask the sponsor to create either a trackable link or to create a special landing page for RMRS, like this one: Click to see it.
Send it to Travis and/or Kat so he/she can approve/review the copy.
7. Schedule the bot
Set it up on ManyChat for the specific date and time that you need it to be delivered.
Note: ManyChat displays your local time, so make sure to schedule it for CST (take into account daylight savings changes).
8. Double check
Make sure to double check everything (the correct link is being used, that it’s scheduled for the right time and date, etc).