- Get an advanced copy of the email from Travis
- Read all the email
- Find the core question to use it as the first message in the bot copy
- Condense the email body and use it as the second message
- Include a CTA as the last thing on the copy (Example: Click the button below to watch the video)
- Use the right link – test it before inserting it and if there’s a discount code, test it as well.
- Schedule it for the date and time needed.
For the Gallery (Card) image and large image in the first List item:
- The recommended size is 909×476 px.
- They both use exactly the same aspect ratio, which is 1.91 (width) to 1 (height).
- The images must be at least 500×262 px.
For images added via the Image block:
- The recommended size is 900×900 px but they must be at least 450×450 px.
- Dimensions can be lower than 450px, just don’t make one side longer than double the size of the other side.
- The closer your image is to a perfect square, the better.
- A wide image is better than tall one.
- These images have dynamic aspect ratio and they appear differently on different devices.
This information was extracted from an article published by ManyChat.
Explanation of the process:
1. Check on BrightPod if the scheduled content is sponsored or not.
- If it is – the broadcast copy should promote that sponsor. The link placed on the call to action button should direct the visitors straight to the sponsor’s landing page.
- If it’s not – the broadcast should promote the content going out that day.
- If there is no content going out – you have two choices: you can promote a post that adds value to the audience or choose an evergreen sponsor from the spreadsheet and promote that sponsor.
2. Write the copy – make it short and conversational.
- The broadcasts that we usually send consists of two parts.
- The first message is a short question or statement that awakens people’s curiosity followed by 2 or 3 buttons that they can choose to click on. No matter which button they click, they will get the same follow up message (message # 2).
- The copy for message # 2 should make sense for all options and it should provide them with more information. A final call to action button is inserted at the bottom of message # 2 and this button should link straight to the sponsors or to the content that you will be promoting on that day.
3. Insert images and/or GIFs
Adding images to the broadcasts increase the click-through-rate, so it’s always a good idea to insert one that is relevant to the copy. Click here to learn how to insert a GIF.
Ideal image format: PNG
Image size: 900×900 px (ideal size) but they must be at least 450×450 px.
Note: Dimensions can be lower than 450px, just don’t make one side longer than double the size of the other side. Click here for more information on the ideal image size.
4. Discount codes
- If the sponsor has a special discount, you can include it in the copy.
- Test the code on the sponsor’s website to ensure that it works.
The broadcasts that promote a sponsor should have a tracking link so that the traffic can be credited to RMRS, that way sponsors will know for sure that RMRS is sending traffic to their page.
- If the sponsor provides you with the tracking link, no further action is required from your part.
- If the sponsor does not provide you with a tracking link – you have two options:
This post is based on this tutorial:
- Go to Giphy.com and chose your GIF. Download the MP4 file.
- Go to ManyChat and start a new message.
- Choose the video icon and drag it to the work space.
- Click on the video icon and select the MP4 file from your computer.
Note: on some devices the GIF will autoplay, but on others you will have to press the play button.