We use Instagram stories to promote updates and videos about Real Men Real Style. The feature feels much like Snapchat Stories and uses a vertical format for images and videos.
- Instagram stories image size – 1080px wide by 1920px tall. An aspect ratio of 9:16.
- To create a story on Instagram, you have to tap a new “+” icon at the top left-hand corner of the screen, or you can reveal the story camera by simply swiping left.
- Once the story camera is open you can take a photo or record a video, just as you would normally on Instagram.
- Once your story is posted you can also view some basic analytics, to show you how many times each post in your story has been viewed and who has viewed it. When watching your own story, swipe up to check out this data and who’s seen each photo and video.
- How to add content from images you’ve downloaded – simply swipe up on the stories camera, and you’ll see the latest content from your camera roll appear at the bottom of your screen.
- To add stickers to your story, take a photo or video and then tap the Stickers button (a smiley face in the top right of the screen) to find customizable stickers for weather, the current time, location and more.
- You can add a hashtag to your Instagram story by tapping the hashtag sticker.
- Adding a poll to your stories – After you’ve taken a photo or video for your story, open up the Stickers menu and select the “poll” sticker. Once you’ve tapped the “poll” sticker, Instagram will prompt you to write a question and customize the poll choices. After you’ve created your poll, post your story and your followers will be able to vote right away.