The following information contains the Standard Operation Procedures for the Content Manager when shortening permalinks. All information is accurate up to the 14th of August 2019.
- Open up the WordPress Admin website.
- On the left hand side, search for the button labelled Pretty Links.
- Hover over and select “Add New”.
- Paste the destination URL into the box labelled Target URL.
- Modify the slug in the box labelled Pretty Link to whatever you want the shortened URL to be.
- Click “Create”.
- Test if the link works in an Incognito Browser Window.
- This ensures back-end access doesn’t cause any disruptions.