The following information contains the Standard Operation Procedures for the RMRS Holiday Promotional pieces of content.
Holiday Promotion Content includes a Holiday Gift Guide (released in the 2nd to last week of November) and a Black Friday Guide (released in the last week of November).
Holiday Gift Guide SOP
The Basics + Purpose
- The goal of the holiday gift guide is to provide our readers with a specific list of items that we recommend they purchase.
- Some of these items should be from our sponsors, but some can also be affiliate links, or even just links to items that we think are awesome and provide value to our readers.
- The length of the article varies, in some years we have done over 100 items, in others we have done less than 30, but a general rule is to have at least 3o items on this list.
- This guide is to be very image heavy and image-focused.
- There will be no video for this guide.
- We can then also provide a small description as to why this item is one of the best gifts for men.
- We want a variety of items, style related and also non-style related that any man would love.
- We can use parts of previous guides as well, there’s no need to rewrite completely from scratch, but we want to be checking links and updating as required.
- The writer must coordinate with the thumbnail artist who will create a 1280×720 size banner.
The General Structure For Each Item
Number. Brand – Item Name (all hyperlinked directly to the item)
- Sponsor Code (if available) alongside a small CTA.
- A small description of the item, and why a man should buy this or why a man would love this as a gift.
- A clear, crisp and attractive image, linking to the item or to the sponsor. The caption will also contain a CTA to the image and will be linked to the image.
Important Additional Features/Notes
- This is not a sponsored post, so we enable ads and do not tag novideo in the WordPress back-end.
- This article requires a featured and header image.
- This article must be highly SEO optimized, but does not need to conform to YOAST or the readability reading.
- The Content Manager will contact sponsors and ask if they had any specific tracking