Part 1. Jun 18, 2019
The following information contains the Standard Operation Procedures for the Content Manager to follow when reviewing articles scheduled by the RMRS writers.
Draft Article Review Checklist
- Check InfluenceKit to see what articles have been assigned to each writer.
- Check to see if the article being drafted has been scheduled/accepted, or whether its status has changed to proposed.
- If it has changed to “Proposed”, do not review it unless there are no other articles to review.
- If it has NOT changed, continue down this list.
- Open the RMRS WordPress website.
- Click “Posts” on the left-hand side of the website.
- Find the article you are looking for.
- Check that under “Author”, the name Antonio appears.
- Click the “Edit” button underneath the title of the article.
- Read through the whole article, and make notes of grammar/spelling mistakes.
- Read through the article and ensure there are no large paragraphs, and that the majority of sentences are bite-sized.
- Check that a minimum of three categories have been selected, including All Articles-Podcasts-Videos-Primary.
- Check all the images, ensuring that they are clear, that they have alt text and any links open in a new window.
- Check all internal and external hyperlinks work and open in a new window.
- If it is a sponsored post, ensure that the sponsor CTA is identical to the one in InfluenceKit.
- Make sure that both CTAs are identical.
- Make sure that all subheadings are created in H2 formatting.
- Check that there is a double space after each section.
- Check that there is a summary at the end.
- Check that any anchors work properly.
- Click “Text”.
- Check to make sure there is no unneeded formatting.
- Open LOOM and record a feedback video and send it to the writers.
- Mark off the Article Draft column of the Content Management Spreadsheet as Ready.
- Ensure Gavin is CC’d.
Final Article Review Checklist
- Complete steps 1-20 of the Draft Article Review Checklist.
- Check that the video is embedded in the article using the code provided in the Perfect Article Checklist.
- Check that the links to the video in the embed are the correct final video copy.
- Check that the sponsor CTAs and links are correct as given by the Menfluential Media Liason in InfluenceKit.
- Check that the featured image has been uploaded and assigned.
This training covers core concepts of SEO, articles layout and creation.
How to increase vertical spacing between H2 tags and paragraphs: