The following information contains the Standard Operation Procedures for any YouTube post in which a link that was previously working before release is no longer working or is working intermittently. All information is accurate to the 3rd of December 2019.
Link Types and Definitions
- An Internal Link is defined as any link that Real Men Real Style has control over (article links, affiliate links, website links, course links, etc).
- A Sponsor Link is defined as any link received from RMRS Paid Sponsors.
- Other Links are defined as any link that does not meet the above criteria.
Non-Working Internal Links
- If an internal link is said to be not working, open the video in two browsers, use incognito mode and clear your browser cache and check the link yourself.
- If the link doesn’t work in both, contact the Content Manager and the Chief Technical Officer, and let them know what link it is and what the error code is.
- Remove the link from the description of the video and wait until you recieve a corrected link.
- If viewers have noticed and are commenting on it, thank them and let them know we are aware of the problem and are working to fix it.
- Once a corrected link has been received, check it again and then add into the description.
- Contact the Content Manager and provide the important information who will then prepare an After Action Report for the DO and CEO if necessary.
Non-Working Sponsor Links
- If a sponsor link is said to be not working, open the video in two browsers, use incognito mode and clear your browser cache and check the link yourself.
- If the link does not work, the Social Media Manager is to contact the team at MENfluential (and CC the Content Manager, Director of Operations and the CEO) and inform them of exactly whether the link works and what the link directs to.
- Remove the link and replace with a link to the homepage of the sponsor.
- If people are commenting/complaining about the link, let them know we are aware of the problem and are working to fix it.
- The CM, DO or CEO will then contact the team at MENfluential with an URGENT email headline requesting for the problem to be solved.
- Once they respond with the corrected link, the CM,