If it is the first time you will be connecting to a server via FTP follow these steps:
- Download and install FileZilla.
- Open it and click on “file”, then on “site manager” and finally on “new site”.
- On the pop-up window enter the server’s credentials
- To get the credentials, log into Cloudways and click on the server where the website is located and there you will find the Public IP address, the user and the password you need to enter on FileZilla.
- On the “host” field paste the public IP address, from the protocol’s drop down menu select “SFTP- SSH File Transfer Protocol”, from the Logon type’s drop down menu choose “normal” and finally paste the username and password.
- Click on “connect” and there you go, you should now be connected to the website.