- Login to app.onesignal.com and click anywhere on the blue chart under ‘Total Users Per Day’.
- Click on ‘Messages’ and select the button ‘New Push’
- Under Part 2 ‘Message’ fill in a catchy title (article title will do) – it won’t let you go over 48 characters so short & sweet!
- Fill in the message – like a preview text/subheading, get people interested
- Scroll to Part 3 ‘Schedule’
- Under Delivery, select ‘Begin sending at a particular time’.
- Insert the correct date and time in YOUR time zone.
- Check off ‘Intelligent delivery (recommended)’
- Select ‘Save as draft’
- In the Content Team Schedule Spreadsheet under ‘push notifications’, type in ‘drafted’ and change the colour of the cell to orange.
- From the ‘Messages’ drop-down menu (next to ‘new push’) select ‘Drafts’
- Find your draft from before (the message portion of the notification appears not the title so it might look strange, but searching by the date is helpful)
- Add the final (not preview) article URL under ‘Launch URL’
- Add the image URL. Find this by opening the article (you must be logged in to WordPress to access it), right-click on the header image and click ‘copy image address’
- Check that the delivery date and time are correct (should be YOUR time zone)
- Make sure ‘Intelligent delivery (recommended) is selected
- Click Confirm
- Make sure all the details are correct in the ‘Confirm Before Sending’ pop-up box and click ‘Send Message”
- In the Content Team Schedule Spreadsheet under ‘push notifications’ type in ‘scheduled’
- (If email, bot, and push notification are all scheduled) Comment in IK, tagging Gavin and Sam to notify them that everything is scheduled
- No amends after Sam checks it unless absolutely necessary.
- Had to change something? Notify him to check again!