Hello, RMRS Colleagues. Per Antonio’s request at our last content meeting, I offer here my SOP for editing articles. If anyone’s curious, I base my punctuation and style decisions largely on the guidelines in Lynn Truss’s Eats, Shoots & Leaves and Strunk and White’s The Elements of Style, both excellent sources.
- Read for main ideas (very quick).
- Read for details. Note any typos, bad word choices, orphan words, syntax or stylistic problems, etc…
- Open up editing. Correct all of the above.
- Save and preview post.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 till satisfied (2 times max).
- Check for ad blocking in sponsored posts.
- Save and copy link.
- Paste in Brightpod and comment that edits are complete, tagging Travis and the article’s author.
Max time for each article: 1.5 hours. Goal: 1.25 hours.