A.) We only boost videos if they meet the following criteria:
- The video in question is sponsored.
- We’ve agreed in writing with that sponsor to reach a certain number of views within a certain time frame.
B.) At present, the only sponsored account we have that meets BOTH of these criteria is Audible, for whom we must reach a minimum of 35k views within 45 days of the video’s release.
C.) It is the the Content Editor’s responsibility to update this SOP should Item B change, based on regular correspondence with the Menfluential Team.
D.) Procedure for boosting if (and ONLY if) criteria above are ALL met:
- Content editor and Youtube Manager monitor video views for first hour on youtube analytics.
- Based on Content Editor’s call, Tech Manager or Youtube Manager applies for $200 daily boosting budget in youtube if video does not reach at least 3k views in the first hour.
- After two days, stop campaign. As of the writing of this post, with this budget we’ve averaged an additional 5k views per day on videos we’ve boosted.
- Youtube or Tech manager, upon subsequent approval from Content Editor, repeats steps 2 and 3 WEEKLY (i.e. a new 2-day campaign every seven days) until required views are met.
- Content Editor reports to Menfluential team member in charge of account as soon as required views are met.
E.) Goal: reach required views at least two weeks before deadline given by sponsor. It is the Content Editor’s responsibility to keep track of this deadline and advise accordingly.