Standard Operating Procedure For Style Consultation Packages
- Client Pays for Style Consultation
- Style Consultant – Follow up with an email introducing you, your credentials, and finding availability to meet
- Once you have availability – send this list of prerequisite questions that better gauge his goals and expectations.
- Schedule the one on one phone or video call around his schedule (better to make it a video call).
Qustionnaire here >>: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1o8A7vT-_QzhoragHwGc3khUvd0JKMYjafIPoqWBMRjc/edit
Each client will be different but here is an example of a client consultation from start to finish for each meeting.
Client X – Style Consultation Example
Meeting 1 – 60 minutes (With Style Consultant):
Introduction – tell me about your story & your why (5 min)
-He’s a consultant for high profile clientele
-His why is to give his family a great life that they can be proud of him for
-He lives in Miami so it’s really hot and hard to dress well.
-He wants to learn how to dress stylishly for hot weather and how to match his outfits well.
If needed – Cover the foundation – 7 Style Laws (5 min)
Go over the 5 foundations of style (5 min)
Go over color & pairing (Note: This part could be different for other clients. He specifically asked for help with this) (20 min)
What does understanding color do?
-Avoids blatant mistakes
-Guides people’s eyes
-Makes people subconsciously “feel” things (red enlivens, brown trust, dark navy or gray power)
-Makes shopping MUCH easier when you know what works best on you
Complexion & Contrast
-putting it all together
Prescription for client
You are high contrast meaning light skin paired with dark hair – this means your outfits need to have a similar contrast to your hair and skin to bring out your best features.
Light skin contrasts with dark colors
If you match pastels and other light colors that are low contrasting you will tend to look washed-out
Go over core wardrobe essentials tailored to YOU – (This part was also tailored to the client) (25 min)
High Contrast outfits
Light colored shirts
Medium colored shirts
Suit – Navy or Charcoal gray
Jacket – not a suit (blazer or sport coat) brown or olive or gray
Dress Shirts – White, light blue, pinstripe
Casual Shirts – polo, plaid or check, denim
Trousers – medium or dark gray, navy slacks
Chinos – tan or light khaki
Jeans – Dark raw denim
accessories – 2 ties (dark & micro patterned), 1 pocket sq (white cotton), watch (brown), belts (black & brown)
shoes – dark brown (or black) oxfords, medium brown wingtips, medium brown loafers
Seasonal – shorts, linen shirt
We also covered specific places he can go to get each one of these items.
End Meeting 1
Meeting 2 – 60 minutes (With Style Consultant):
The second meeting was a little more casual. More of a Q&A and not as structured.
I wanted him to be able to ask rapid-fire questions of anything he was struggling with and we could find the solution for each one right then and there.
In this meeting these were all questions asked by the client that we covered:
- Hot weather dressing
- Proper fit of clothing
- Which Undergarments are best?
- Quality Loungewear?
- How to dress up in casual clothing?
- Sport coat styling?
- Staple blazer colors?
- Pattern Matching?
- Identify custom tailors in his area
- Identify the best barbershops and hair stylists in his area
- Identify great stores to buy clothing around him
- He needed to find quality tailors, stores, & barbers in his area.
In this meeting, it’s best to gather his home address and find some great tailors, barbers, and stores for the client to go to in his area.
I also provided specific online resources for him to find the clothing he needs to solve all of his problems.
Some examples were:
- Ministry Of Supply – For hot weather dressing
- Tani – Underwear & Loungewear
- Suit Supply – For core wardrobe upgrading & casual clothing
- AceMarks – For great shoes
End Meeting 2
Meeting 3 (60 minutes with Antonio):
- Prior to the client meeting with Antonio – you (the style consultant) need to brief Antonio on everything you covered and the resources provided.
- Antonio will make sure everything went well and answer any more questions & concerns the client has.
- He may send out a gift package in the mail.
One week after Meeting 3
Follow up with the client one last time to make sure that all his issues were solved.
- Ask him if he has taken action
- Ask him if there is still anything holding him back from achieving his goals
- Answer any more concerns.
- Don’t overwhelm with info just make your presence known