Thumbnail set consist of
- Youtube thumbnail
- Tall Image
- Featured image
In most cases we are using the same font for a consistant look of a website and Youtube page (Lato regular and bold)
- Start with a white background and wording.
- Create few options for each wording to find the perfect look of text.
- Try to use as least words as possible
- As usual we place wording on the left side of image, left alligned for youtube thumbnail. Text need to be visually balanced and spased.
- Awoid making one word too much bigger from others.
- Text should be 40% of thumbnail space. The rest 60% are for image.
- Use font Lato (light, regular, bold)
- Text needs to be perfectly balanced and spaced.
- Send this images (with white background) to Travis to get a review. Make edits untill approved.
- When text layout is approved – create 5-10 different options with photos without text.
- Photo should be placed on the right of the thumbnail, smoothly fading to the left, and take 60% of thumbnails.
- We can use photos from sponsors website or SM (for sponsored post); photos of Antonio (if we can find the photo with right emotions and look for the thumbnails); in worst case we can use photo from the web without face, and apply a filter in photoshop to change image a bit.
- Images should be high quality/size – non pixelated.
- Get a review (which photos to use).
- Create images with best copy and best photos (On Travis’ request)
- Now we can bold main word, we can also add color to 1-2 word ( dark red, navy and dark green always work good).
- We can also CAPITALISE main word if this will add balance and/or will help to fill the dead space.
- Photo and text shoudn’t be placed to close. We can make the taxt smaller if needed.
- We need a pay attention to balance beetween copy and image, avoid dead space or crowded look.
- For approved images we will use for videos – put into one archive folder and send to Jane and upload to Flickr
– Youtube thumbnail size is 889×500
– Use “save for web” option in photoshop with 100% quality
– Name file only with letters signs (no punctuation marks)
– Photo should have a smoth transiton to the background. (so we … Read the rest