Click to see Security Checklist
Don’t panic by doing multiple things at the same time to resolve the problem as later you will not be able to recall the steps and find the real reason of a problem. ANY SITE can be hacked. Read and watch the videos below.
1. Forward your site to a different URL via GoDaddy Domain settings. NOTE: each forwarding happens in 15 minutes, while disabling forward and getting your site back to your URL may take up to 48 hours (in most cases 1-3 hours). Make a decision what is the best – forward or immediate actions based off what is described below.
2. Check URL via https://virustotal.com/
3. Check Google Webmaster account for malware notifications. Login either under antonio@realmen…..com or rmrstyle@gm….com
4. Via FTP client (FileZilla) look for recently modified files, plugins, themes. In 99.9% such files are located in /wp-content folder, very rare in route folder
5. Delete everything you know doesn’t belong to WordPress and plugins you installed – HINT: look for most recent dates when it was installed/modified.
6. Download all files via FTP to your computer. Check them with antivirus when downloaded.
7. If route files were modified, download fresh copy of WordPress, unZIP on your computer and upload to your server RE-writing all files and folders EXCEPT wp-config.php in route directory and /wp-content folder
8. If infection is visible (like in the videos below), use Firebug to identify code element infection belongs to. Then using DreamWeaver or other software (like free Notepad ++ ) perform search in downloaded folder for that term. Or for any other VISIBLE term (like Viagra etc…)
9. Once infection is found and cleaned change the FTP password at GoDaddy account.
10. Change folders permissions, make sure there are no ‘777’ permissions for ANY of the folders. In case there are some, immediately CHMOD them at least to ‘755’.
11. Update outdated plugins and themes if any. Keep them up-to-date all the time.
12. If nothing of above helps, upload most recent clean backup of your files and database.